Puddy

MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 3.0

Feedback for de_medieval:

First of all the map feels like a maze, in a bad way. There is simply too many path-ways for my taste (and they are often very weirdly shaped (like the big U-turn you have to make as T to get into A from spawn), which also makes it more confusing), it's hard for CT to cover anything because of this. 

You should also do something about B, it's very T-friendly, if a T spawns correctly he can possibly get to snipe CT's before they even get into the site, and this is even the only road for CT, I like that one could possible use the middle to get into covering B from above, but I don't think the timing is that good at all, and they are at risk of getting shot from T's entrance into middel. To help making B more CT-friendly, you could make windows on both sides of the brigde (which T's go under to get into B), and then remove the other window there is. This would make a decent spot for a CT, which should be accompanied by CT's getting a little bit faster into B without the risk of getting shot on the way (assuming they use the standard right-path for this). Also the upper-part which T can use to get into B-site feels a bit clumsy, but maybe it will help when it gets textured. 

I really like the idea of the marked, yet in my experience it feels as there are too much "stuff" blocking my view and bullets when I'm shooting, which is mostly in the favor of the T's when they are using middel to get into A from the ground. (As a site note, I think this way into A-site is proberly too good for T's since it's very close to T-spawn and the most of CT's view is as said blocked, and a smoke could make this even worse for CT). 

As a smaller conclusion I would say that you should look at balancing of this map, since I find that it's stronly T-sided, and work on the path-ways (yet a part of this might be helped when more of the map gets textured and in this progress possibly renewed). T's are simply given way much more options than CT. 

Hope this was of use to you, if you got any questions regarding this feel free to contact me ;)

Feedback for de_medieval:

First of all the map feels like a maze, in a bad way. There is simply too many path-ways for my taste (and they are often very weirdly shaped (like the big U-turn you have to make as T to get into A from spawn), which also makes it more confusing), it's hard for CT to cover anything because of this. 

You should also do something about B, it's very T-friendly, if a T spawns correctly he can possibly get to snipe CT's before they even get into the site, and this is even the only road for CT, I like that one could possible use the middle to get into covering B from above, but I don't think the timing is that good at all, and they are at risk of getting shot from T's entrance into middel. To help making B more CT-friendly, you could make windows on both sides of the brigde (which T's go under to get into B), and then remove the other window there is. This would make a decent spot for a CT, which should be accompanied by CT's getting a little bit faster into B without the risk of getting shot on the way (assuming they use the standard right-path for this). Also the upper-part which T can use to get into B-site feels a bit clumsy, but maybe it will help when it gets textured. 

I really like the idea of the marked, yet in my experience it feels as there are too much "stuff" blocking my view and bullets when I'm shooting, which is mostly in the favor of the T's when they are using middel to get into A from the ground. (As a site note, I think this way into A-site is proberly too good for T's since it's very close to T-spawn and the most of CT's view is as said blocked, and a smoke could make this even worse for CT). 

As a smaller conclusion I would say that you should look at balancing of this map, since I find that it's stronly T-sided, and work on the path-ways (yet a part of this might be helped when more of the map gets textured and in this progress possibly renewed). T's are simply given way much more options than CT. 

Hope this was of use to you, if you got any questions regarding this feel free to contact me ;)

Thanks Niller^.-. Very useful feedback. I agree the map is very T sided. I will work on balancing this issue.

I am addressing the U-turn first. I originally put this in as I wanted to extend the length of time for T's to reach A but in hindsight having to go back on yourself does make it confusing.

I will add a CT flank path to A (possibly to higher ground) and  remove the sniper window and try out windows on the bridge instead. 

I think I will remove the market entirely and place some kind of clock tower/ statue/ bandstand to act as a divide, providing suitable cover through the square.

Thanks again and big thanks to 'RZL for sorting the test.

Edited by JediX

Playtest Schedule

Playtest 04.03.14

• 3Dnj's and Moroes DE_Highlands
  • Misterklister's DE_Barium

Playtest 06.03.14

• Tr0nic's DE_Mocha
  • MrTVD's and Holiestcow's DE_BlackGold

Playtest 09.03.14

• Stranger's map
  • Borgking's DE_Core

Playtest 11.03.14

• MrTVD's and Holiestcow's DE_BlackGold
  • Borgking's DE_Core

Playtest 13.03.14

• FMPONE's and Volcano's DE_Crown
  • [OPEN]

Playtesting sessions are scheduled on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays at 21:00 GMT+1. We playtest a maximum of 2 maps per playtest.

For map creators:
If you want your map tested, post in the thread and suggest a day that is suitable for you. If the above mentioned time isn't a good fit, let us know and we can probably work something out!

Prior to the test you will have to send Roflzomglol one .bsp file, one .nav file and an optional .kv file. All custom content (models, materials, sounds, mapradar) needs to be packed into the bsp. For this, you can use Pakrat. He'll take care of the rest!

Submissions can be considered accepted if they appear in the schedule, this can take up to 24 hours.

Reminder: Please give your map a proper suffix like _v03 so that there won't be any problems with conflicting filenames in the following playtests.

Edited by 'RZL

Any feedbacks on de_highlands ?

3Dnj told me that the server wasn't empty so...  :rolleyes:

I like the new design, really improved the overall gameplay, we even got to use B-site this time ;)

The only thing I currently think could be improved is the underground pass from T-spawn into the mid of the map. It seems that the terrorists get to the chokepoint (entrance to mid) 2-4 seconds too fast. At the moment they are able to counter the CT's entrance, where CT only got a single doorway to get out from, which makes it that harder for CT's to cover the right side of the map. 

Any feedbacks on de_highlands ?

3Dnj told me that the server wasn't empty so...  :rolleyes:

I like the new design, really improved the overall gameplay, we even got to use B-site this time ;)

The only thing I currently think could be improved is the underground pass from T-spawn into the mid of the map. It seems that the terrorists get to the chokepoint (entrance to mid) 2-4 seconds too fast. At the moment they are able to counter the CT's entrance, where CT only got a single doorway to get out from, which makes it that harder for CT's to cover the right side of the map. 

²

Same thing applies to the right side (CT's POV), I got sniped in the head there just running up the slope leading to the chokepoint, right after spawning. T's should arrive there just 1 or 2 seconds after CT's.

Also, I'm not a big fan of the gate at middle as it is now. It makes for a fairly large sightline from left to right, but its grate makes it kinda random to hit people through it (especially at greater distances). And I can imagine readability through it will only get more difficult when the map is properly textured. I do like the idea of it though, but it could use some improvements (ie: break up sightlines so it'll become more of a CQB feature).

That being said, I think the layout is really cool. It's easy to learn, not too few/many paths and I somehow really love how what the radar looks like (one bombspot seeming almost next to T spawn), but it all works out :)

de_barium:

The map was kinda disorientating, and not only because the overview didn't work :)

The main problem is the map is too interconnected: too many paths, too many options for players. I can't recall the complete layout from the top of my head after playing 16 rounds on it (which might very well be an indication that the layout is too complex :P), so would it be possible to post an overview?

What also doesn't help navigating the map is that everything looks more or less the same. Everything is either orange brick or concrete. Put some variety in the map visual-wise, so that it's easier for players to tell in what part of the map they are (ie: the part at the docks is a good example, as there's only one part in the map where players are nearby water). Search for references of similar locations and see how different they can look and try to implement that into your map (ie: docks area, storage area, office area, transport area, etc ... ). Make it look like a location that could actually exist and function.

Indoor lighting is also an issue in some parts. There are parts where it was really hard to tell a T from a CT. Overall lighting could be more helpfull to navigate the player. There were times that I got shot in the back while being pretty sure it was clear or miraculously discovered there was a path right behind me. Here's an awesome article that could help you along.

Overall, there is some stuff that needs fixing, but nothing impossible. Could definately turn out into a great map after some revisions!