• OWK's Industry_Town (AR)
  • MrTVD's and Holiestcow's DE_BlackGold

Playtest 27.02.14

• 3Dnj's and Moroes map
  • Vilham's CS_Mass

Playtest 02.03.14

• Jedix' DE_Medieval
  • MrTVD's and Holiestcow's DE_BlackGold

Playtesting sessions are scheduled on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays at 21:00 GMT+1. We playtest a maximum of 2 maps per playtest.

For map creators:
If you want your map tested, post in the thread and suggest a day that is suitable for you. If the above mentioned time isn't a good fit, let us know and we can probably work something out!

Prior to the test you will have to send Roflzomglol one .bsp file, one .nav file and an optional .kv file. All custom content (models, materials, sounds, mapradar) needs to be packed into the bsp. For this, you can use Pakrat. He'll take care of the rest!

Submissions can be considered accepted if they appear in the schedule, this can take up to 24 hours.

Reminder: Please give your map a proper suffix like _v03 so that there won't be any problems with conflicting filenames in the following playtests.

Edited by roflzomglol

I'm stilling struggling with the radar. Anyone know how to get the correct values for the text file?

Once you've taken the screenshot you're gonna use make sure you stay in the same position and write down the values for scale, pos_x and pos_y.

I'm stilling struggling with the radar. Anyone know how to get the correct values for the text file?

Once you've taken the screenshot you're gonna use make sure you stay in the same position and write down the values for scale, pos_x and pos_y.

Any changes made to either x or y doesn't seem to effect my radar in the end. 

I've made an overview before, where I just had to adjust it slightly. This is something else. It's way off. 

Edit: I think the problem might be my dds plug in making an odd file/texture or the likes.

I use GIMP.

Can someone make a dds file out of this image so I can test whether my GIMP is gimped or I'm just being completely blind/dumb with this overview.

tga file

Edited by moyyst

If you have PS download the DDS plugin. If you don't, search for DirectX Texture Tool and load your radar as a TGA and save it as a DDS. See if that helps.

Also, I've had something similar before (probably just made an error somewhere in the proces) and the only way to fix it was doing it all again from scratch (taking the overview ingame etc). When it's not lining up properly from the first time, it's really hard to fix it.

I've made an overview before, where I just had to adjust it slightly. This is something else. It's way off. 

Edit: I think the problem might be my dds plug in making an odd file/texture or the likes.

I use GIMP.

Can someone make a dds file out of this image so I can test whether my GIMP is gimped or I'm just being completely blind/dumb with this overview.

tga file

I've done several radars in GIMP at this point with the DDS plugin. One big issue I figured out is that GIMP preservers an image's full size even if the canvas is shrunk so if the image your working with isn't 1024x1024 you have to remember to crop it to the canvas.

tga file

Here you go.

Thank you.

So I learn that it's the same problem. So my GIMP isn't gimped. That's something.

I use GIMP.

tga file

I've done several radars in GIMP at this point with the DDS plugin. One big issue I figured out is that GIMP preservers an image's full size even if the canvas is shrunk so if the image your working with isn't 1024x1024 you have to remember to crop it to the canvas.

Yep I notices that on my first attempts. But even with Squad's DDS file it's the same problem. No tutorial covers this problem. They mention if the radar doesn't line up proper then tweak the values. Which I've been doing but no value even moves the dds image.