It looks like Microsoft is going to do something like Sony did: an exclusive event pre-E3 to talk about their new console.

Let the battle begin!

On Tuesday May 21st, we’ll mark the beginning of a new generation of games, TV and entertainment. On that day, we’ll be holding a special press event on the Xbox campus and we invite you to join us via the live global stream that will be available on Xbox.com, Xbox LIVE and broadcast on Spike TV if you are in the US or Canada.

On that day, we’ll share our vision for Xbox, and give you a real taste of the future. Then, 19-days later at theElectronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles, we’ll continue the conversation and showcase our full lineup of blockbuster games.

We are thrilled to pull back the curtain and reveal what we’ve been working on.

A New Generation Revealed

Xbox Campus, Redmond WA

Tuesday, May 21st @ 1p ET/10a PT/17:00 GMT

Source: http://majornelson.c.../24/xboxreveal/

original1.png

Edited by Al Anselmo~Intelect0

In fact, you're not even supposed to say that seir... ;) Not if you're under the NDA at least. The NDA I of course did not sign. Xbox? Whuut? There's a new xbox?

Edited by Chimeray

Nothing wrong with that words, everybody knows from that image that new gen is comming but still I'll better remove that ;) Just in case.

Not expecting much from this event in terms of games TBH. Sounds like they aren't gonna be showing that much in terms of games, and are saving all that stuff for their E3 presser. Guess it's just gonna be multimedia hub kinect connectivity herpa derp focused shizzle, with maybe a single game shown.

I'm guessing they will come out and say the used game and always connected to play your single games thing isn't true. It's too stupid.

Then again they did somehow manage to make people pay 50$ a year to use their own connection to run a listen server.

There was an intersting interview of Pachter by Sessler, where Pach explained his idea for the distribution scenario for MS - have the console subsidized. But if they are saving pricing informations like Sony did, guess we'll not find that out yet.

Guess it's just gonna be multimedia hub kinect connectivity herpa derp focused shizzle, with maybe a single game shown.

The console is expected to be more multimedia oriented, but I hardly believe they are gonna show that little... I'd expect more like three, not necessarily exclusives.