knj

Call of Duty: Ghosts

I dont honestly understand how you can play a majority of these game's maps. All the player models and muddiness everywhere just makes the whole game a giant ass noisy texture fest.

Don't you know that artistic beauty is measured in number of shader instructions and polygons?

I dont honestly understand how you can play a majority of these game's maps. All the player models and muddiness everywhere just makes the whole game a giant ass noisy texture fest.

Don't you know that artistic beauty is measured in number of shader instructions and polygons?

Ah yes, this is what makes Crysis so readable.

Well, I'm looking forward to it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRQbNxkMEWoUr7e8ulIeDX7MIlSD66F7rj7Z7gT-GmLU19zDbrGQ

Haha :P

Honestly though the day I stop looking forward to games that are legitimately enjoyable because I want to conform to the opinions of the negative online minority is the day I want to stop working in the industry. Enjoying games on a basic level is what many gaming fans online nowadays seem to forget they're supposed to be doing

I think the negative reactions stem more from extremely short games being released on an excessively regular schedule. MapCore's industry-based membership is a bit above hating games for the sake of hating. Even those like me who previously loved the CoD series and were fans before the Modern Warfare days are tired of it.

It is the definitive 'milk the cash cow' series, more so than any other I can think of. At least with Assassin's Creed there's a lot of gameplay there. Call of Duty? I'm lucky if they last me six hours, and there's virtually no replay value because of their ultra-scripted nature. Unless you like multiplayer — and I can think of much better alternatives — the CoD games represent the worst value for money you can get in gaming.

If they released one every two years and put twice as much single-player gameplay into it I'd probably be more likely to buy them. As it is, I gave up after the Modern Warfare series because I was so pissed off with how much I'd spent on so little gameplay.

After playing games like Deus Ex and Dishonored, the proposition of spending on so much on such a tiny sliver of gameplay — no matter how awesome and bombastic — is almost insulting.

My comment wasn't particularly directed at Mapcore, more of a broad reaction to all the comments on news items I've read about this game over the past day or so.

When it comes to COD you are right about the single player, things need to change there (and maybe won't) but I mainly get it for the MP and for me it's my favorite MP game out there (along with BF). It's kind of a social thing, I have a group of friends who all get together every year and spend the majority of the year playing the new COD games together, catching up while doing so and generally having a laugh. In that respect for me it's great value for money as I end up putting days of online hours into the games and have a good time while doing so.

If i was more SP focused when it came to these games maybe I'd share some of the opinions of others online, but I'm not so I don't :)

Edited by PaulH

It means that in my opinion some people seem to have lost the capacity to just switch off and enjoy games as an entertainment medium instead of over-analyzing and critiquing them. There are people out there who will formulate opinions on a COD game solely based on it being a COD game, without playing it. I didn't think I made it that hard to understand.