Ah, very confusing; never paid much attention to their offering since mp was slammed from before release.

So they have a season pass for mp maps only, and then these free updates with the content people really want? :D

You know it's a sad day when you turn in your Doom DLC review and your editor says, let's stop reviewing these :(

2 hours ago, PogoP said:

What's the point in not publishing the review? That's a bit weird. It's not like there's tons of gaming news every single day :P

Oh no, we're doing it, but not the rest.

Maps are fucking great the btw, it's just the matchmaking, lack of options, rampant cheaters, etc that completely ruin.

Seriously, Orbital is one of the best MP maps I've seen and played in a long time. Argent Reach is beautiful as well. Should fit right in with Quake Champions ;)

Did you work on any of the maps @BJA?

I wasn't even aware of reviews for any DLC packs in general, not only DOOM. I thought normally they just get mentioned in a short news that they are out.
Orbital is also one of my favorite maps, turned out quite nicely with its unique style. 

@Sprony I did some exterior building stuff for Molten, the level set on a volcano planet. 

On 10/28/2016 at 2:46 AM, FMPONE said:

I'm not sure the economics have made sense on single-player for a long time

I'm going to flog this horse a little because I don't think it's dead.

I agree that the economics of creating an old-school campaign-style SP mission pack probably don't add up anymore, but the beauty of DooM4 SP is that nobody plays it for the story-line, so instead of creating arenas for the rubbish MP mode why wouldn't ID put the same man-power in to creating a bunch of arenas with monsters spawning in them? I'd throw my money at that hand-over-fist before I even read a review (stupid, I know). Hell, if they really want to attract an online crowd they just need to design them with optional CO-OP.

Standalone SP levels are one of the things that's given old shooters like the original Dooms and Quake 1 such longevity, so you'd think ID/Bethesda would be keen to see a similar philosophy adopted for their new games.

Bought both DLC packs. Tried to play. In my region game found(7-10min) only 3 players... :sad:

That's why i don't like DLC, it splits community.

Awesome art, but refund... sorry.

Edited by r1ar

10 hours ago, r1ar said:

Bought both DLC packs. Tried to play. In my region game found(7-10min) only 3 players... :sad:

A server browser, the option to host your own dedicated server and bots would go a long way. 

11 hours ago, r1ar said:

Yes I dunno how they have managed to bank so much on those for COD, guess the game was so big that was making it worth, or people were like "if I don't get ill be left out", but deffo mp games shouldn't split the community. Find another way to monetise, like Valve with CS. Not perfect but doesn't harm the gamers.

I can actually confirm that there's an audio bug that lowers the volume of funds, as that happened again, on a different map.

Seems linked to the exploding mines and runes but need to play more to confirm when it happens for me

CC @BJA:D