Doom (4)

Sprony

9 hours ago, blackdog said:

In the Italian forum they were saying that id devs stated they couldn't finish the game themselves 

What you mean is "ultra nightmare" mode where you have no checkpoints and it takes only one or two hits to die. And once you die you have to start all over again. I tried that mode for a day and could barely finish the first level, it's a lot of fun though. I read somewhere that someone finished the game in ultra nightmare after only two days already, which is insane.

3 hours ago, dux said:

@BJA I'm having a lotta fun with Snap Map. Are you clued in enough with it to ask about some problems?

I haven't really done that much with snapmaps but whenever you have questions or problems don't hesitate to ask me, I can ask around and try to answer them.

Edited by BJA

1 hour ago, BJA said:

What you mean is "ultra nightmare" mode where you have no checkpoints and it takes only one or two hits to die. And once you die you have to start all over again. I tried that mode for a day and could barely finish the first level, it's a lot of fun though. I read somewhere that someone finished the game in ultra nightmare after only two days already, which is insane.

Alright, sorry for the confusion; that's indeed insane!! Those "complete in one sitting" achievements for me are non-achievable (think there was as well for Dead Space, and there maybe you could do it at any difficulty). Do you know if that someone played PC or console? I imagine you check for active cheats, but do you?

Seriously @clankill3r, you can say what you want about the new Doom but it sure as hell ain't boring. That dude in the video simply can't play. You should me laying waste to those hell spawn. A very different experience.

4 hours ago, clankill3r said:

Holy fuck that looks boring, even more boring then the slow quake looking multiplayer of before.

The guy playing it is using a controller and has some form of feet for hands. I like this game and recommend it, you don't see me saying that very often. Especially after the Beta.

Watch the video I posted of the Nvidia promotion, it's like that on PC.

10 hours ago, BJA said:

haven't really done that much with snapmaps but whenever you have questions or problems don't hesitate to ask me, I can ask around and try to answer them.

//EDIT Nevermind I worked it out, my logic game needs some WD40 on it.

Also with AI spawn encounters, their teleport effect doesn't always seem to work so you occasionally get monsters just literally pop into existence like magic. :v 

Oh and why are the controls different playing in snapmap maps? I.E my melee.glory kill key is F in the campaign but in Snapmap maps it's mouse3 or R?

The Facility voice announcer seems to have a huge delay on the end of her audio files so you can't string any together for a message without a 5 second delay it seems. I.E i have her set to go "Attention! Demonic presence at critical levels. Evacuate Immediately." It takes her about 20 seconds to say all of that as each sentence ending has a massive pause in it. I've tried it with the VEGA speaker to see if I was doing something wrong but he has no delay in any of his sound files and they came out fine and dandy.

Edited by dux

:v

52 minutes ago, 0kelvin said:

I watched snapmap in action in twitch. Is it a simple tool for snapping maps together? No control over programming new functions, game logic and creating assets from scratch?

You can do a lot with snapmap from what I have tinkered with so far. The prefabs are slightly limited and certainly not as robust as a fully fledged editor but you can come up with a lot of stuff with it. The logic system is really cool too, you can come up with some neat shit.