Doom (4)

Sprony

Kinda hard to make Hell On Earth look like Doom, unless you go the way of the original sequel and make it look the same as the first one with new enemies...

​Somehow I pictured Doom 2 with new and real bad monsters with lens flares, vignetting and chromatic aberration.

Btw, other than the one screenshot with the cars, those actually look fairly decent. But of course, it's a leaked version of the game, it's been canned for a reason and that reason is... even tho that look decent, it's NOT doom.

​Exactly. For having tried that version a few years ago, I'm quite glad it got rebooted :oops:

In 2008 Camarck said that Doom 4 would be 3 times heavier than Rage and that it wouldn't take years to be released.....

btw, is this doom (from 2015) the same doom from the 2014 teaser? That teaser with a monstruous creature and the classic doom door sound?

Edited by 0kelvin

Since Doom is and will always be my favorite game, you can imagine little Sprony daydreaming a lot about where he would like the series to go. Due to all this Doom talk I remembered something from way back. I wanted to see Doom Wars. A perfect title for a 12 year old. In this sequel, the player wasn't going to be alone. I'm talking 1995 here btw. By now, nothing what I'm going to write will be original but it was back then. I was way ahead of my time :P

So, earth received the distress call from Mars. Since none of the marines sent to Phobos reported back, two huge cruisers are sent in. Basically Aliens but with a lot more marines. When they arrive they quickly discover that everything is overrun with demons. So they mobilize and kick ass. I was thinking big battles out in the open. Zero gravity during these battles (slowly flying and blasting away). Vehicles with mounted guns (think Halo) and just all out war. Of course there would be objectives as well. So there would squad based missions where you infiltrate the base and so on. Sometimes you would get separated so the game could turn up the suspense and horror. The game would end when the marines invade Hell. Tanks and all. Man, that would have been wild :)

I think I said all there is to say about modern shooters in my "The COD effect" article. However, since then, they gave us the new Wolf and that did a lot right. I hope we see that kind of renaissance. 

• 3 weeks later...