knj

Your Favorite game intro

' timestamp='1363496287' post='326601']

Ohhh good thread!

Still no love for MGS? MGS2 in particular has the best intro in the history of video games, Hands DOWN!! imho anyway! :)

That's a funny way to spell MGS3 Snake Eater and its very "James Bond" like intro:

I don't think any MGS has had a bad intro, but MGS2's was pretty killer. Being my first PS2-generation game I was blown away by how awesome that whole ship sequence looked, truly ground-breaking visuals at the time. MGS3's was brilliant too with the HALO jump and smashing through the trees, ending up in a quiet, isolated jungle — set the feel up so nicely.

True MGS2 tanker section was fucking epic and visuals - just blowing away !

but i still preffer MGS intro:

- nostalgia

- and some original gameplay at that time

- "this is snake, colonel, can you hear me?"

fuck i need to replay this game ASAP !

mafia 1 was such a mature game for its time

I enjoyed it so much, i never wanted to go back and play it a second time... I dunno, just for the fear of spoiling my good memories of it.

I also enjoyed the intro of far cry 3 quite a damn bit. Just the way Vaas is talking/screaming to the player and his little actions he does was really well done in my opinion.

Do agree, but such a setup went to waste; Vaas had the potential to be one of the best villains in the last few years imo, but there was no real follow-through.

half life intro was good? ...maybe from the part where you enter the anomalous lab. certainly the train ride, while interesting to look at, was too long.

i think i agree on the bioshock one, it was basically the perfected half life 1 trailer.

i also think far cry 3's intro was worthwhile, the way the character are believable through their actions is amazing.

more so when i notice small things like when vaas says "i'm the one with the fucking dick", which is related to spanish speaking latin american cultures. they really had their shit together on this thing.

really? I felt like I was just watching a badly acted b-movie. Everything was scripted out for you, even the camera movement.. it didn't use any of the unique interactive storytelling you can do with games as a medium. Just a first person movie (a bad one)

Half-life intro was also fully scripted of course, but you got to look at things and explore at your own pace. Incredibly memorable :)

well yeah i'd say it's more of a movie intro than a game intro, but there was just so much more believability in it because of the characters seemed real. i'm not saying that wasn't the case for half life 1 either, but the train ride itself wasn't the most memorable part of the intro for me. the whole path downward to the experiment was what did it. it's between there and the trainride that you really pick up on the people working in such place. i'd say both sequences there had good acting between them, with half life's being more "free" in regards to optional exploration.

i don't think i really understood the scale of half life 1's complex before on a rail...