Rick_D

Tropes vs Women in Video Games

It was a quick post in the morning before I had to go to class, bro. I didn't have time to go citing evidence, I was just clarifying my point of view (which, incidentally, is backed up by my education in psychology, biology, and cultural studies).

As an aside, the fact that you dismiss poetry as a worthless appeal to emotion, instead of trying to analyze what it means and think about why I shared it, is a point of view instilled upon you by popular culture and society. Somewhere in an alternate universe, you're writing poetry yourself to express your frustration that someone on the internet disagrees with you.

It was a quick post in the morning before I had to go to class, bro. I didn't have time to go citing evidence, I was just clarifying my point of view (which, incidentally, is backed up by my education in psychology, biology, and cultural studies).

As an aside, the fact that you dismiss poetry as a worthless appeal to emotion, instead of trying to analyze what it means and think about why I shared it, is a point of view instilled upon you by popular culture and society. Somewhere in an alternate universe, you're writing poetry yourself to express your frustration that someone on the internet disagrees with you.

Appeal to emotion is a fallacy so yes i have to dismiss it when i asked for evidence over and over again over the last few pages. And to clarify your position you should perhaps start to share some of your own opinions and argumentations instead of letting others do the guesswork.

Edited by Steppenwolf

I'm actually enjoying all this discussion.

It's good to see that many people share the same opinion as mine. I didn't complement the discussion for the simple reason that what I had in mind had already been said. So no repetition from my part.

I didn't feel any strong argument (if there were any) in the first video of the series, and maybe something will change on the next ones. Maybe.