Fingers crossed nobody here got affected. It's quite common to ramp up at the end of production and then let people go. Were these people on temporary contracts or not? If they were though, I'm sure it wouldn't have made the news.. Hmmm. Sorry to hear it! It's never nice.

Thief developer Eidos Montreal laid off 27 employees today. Here's the full statement from their parent company, Square Enix:P

Yes it is true we've let 27 people go today, unfortunately it's something that every major studio has to do sometimes in order to ensure you have the right set up for current and future projects. It's never a nice thing to do but we are genuinely trying to offer as much support as much as we can. We're trying to re-locate as many people as possible into other roles here or at our other studios and we've been in touch several studios in Montreal to arrange a career day for those affected by this. We're very thankful for all their hard work and we sincerely wish them well.

What the fuck man... this shit needs to stop or this industry will implode.

I saw that yesterday. Now as I said on the twitterz, even if I disliked the game, witnessing layoffs like that still makes me mad. Good to know your job is safe.

Thief is at 50% on Steam and it was apparently already at a reduced price so it's only €15... WTF? Game came out only a couple of months ago :o Bought it obviously.

Edited by Chimeray