Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

1) Radar...ok I will live with it and it will substitute for real situation awareness. it's a game. I'll get over that.

2) I still hate the time shifting memories abracadabrabacus or whatever that thing is called. That's the main reason AC games have bored me.

3) Looks like this will come down to the details in execution here. As a concept, I'm totally sold on this and if those details are done right then we have a winner. If not...huge missed opportunity.

:pleasedontfuckthisup:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They should just do a new series of open world (er..open sea?) pirate games called "Black Flag" and call it a day.  Dump the animandingdonglius of course.   "Black Flag" "Black Flag 2" "Black Flag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pQ_ZozZIio&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga2ipDjr6oE

• 1 month later...

This just looks like the ultimate pirate game I've always wanted. I don't even give a shit that it's Assassin's Creed any more, in fact the less of the series' usual sci-fi and stuff the better. Just give me a full-on pirate tale, man.

I feel the exact same way. I could care less about the future stuff/templar story. I want the fantasy of PIRATELAND, hehe. I kinda wish they just made that game ya know.

Edited by Dark

This just looks like the ultimate pirate game I've always wanted. I don't even give a shit that it's Assassin's Creed any more, in fact the less of the series' usual sci-fi and stuff the better. Just give me a full-on pirate tale, man.

I feel the exact same way. I could care less about the future stuff/templar story. I want the fantasy of PIRATELAND, hehe. I kinda wish they just made that game ya know.

I feel the exact same way that Dark feels about the exact same way as Thrik.

#mindblown

I guess one thing to remember is that few publishers are probably willing to splash out the big bucks on some random pirate epic, so it being an Assassin's Creed is actually the only way something this in-depth and awesome would be made. Kind of like how few publishers would have been smashing down doors to have some game set in Renaissance Italy some years ago...

So if I have to put up with a bit of usual Ass Creed bullshit to enjoy such a game I'm OK with that. I just hope they tone down the non-period stuff because I find it really uninspired and boring personally. I'd have probably been happy if Assassin's Creed 2 (my favourite in the series thus far) had just been a straight-up historical epic.

Agreed Thrik, as I said before, the problem with this will be the interruption for the Desmond narrative.

But with such a project and talented teams to deliver, it could have been considered to make this it's own franchise. But I don't think it's possible to blame Ubisoft very much this time, they are full on with new stuff, all very big.

And who knows if we'll see anything from the game by the mind behind the original Assassin's Creeds, 1666.

I'm just reading that's on hold and Desilets is suing Ubisoft because he was fired after they acquired the THQ studio. Given the setting i wouldn't be surprised if they took that concept and blend it in a new AC chapter.

• 1 month later...