Izuno

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

T'is the yarrest AC yet, ye sea dogs. :rolleyes:

Still, the naval combat in AC III seemed to be popular so maybe that will be a big feature in this as yet unconfirmed title from Ubisoft.

http://kotaku.com/5987035/assassins-creed-iv-is-all-about-pirates-according-to-this-poster

original.jpg

Best news I've heard all day, I really enjoy the AC series and I love pirate themed stuff. Hopefully it's not all about the naval battles though, they were fun but I still want a regular pirate based AC adventure to go with them

I've yet to play AC3 and the naval parts but I've heard some things from a colleague at work. A pirate themed AC game would be awesome though. My favourite time period in history.

Well shit, another one? But who am I to talk, I haven’t played any of them :v The videos I saw showed some nasty bugs, poor AI and a http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwOvuY0UbFM, so that kinda turned me off. But I guess the parkour redeemed the whole experience?

Edited by Beefeater

Only thing that I enjoyed about AC3 was the naval combat, so this seems like a really good move. If they could make this work in an open world setting then it could be pretty fantastic, the AC3 naval combat was pretty fantastic but also clearly very segmented, would probably take a fair amount of work to make it work seamlessly.

Oh and if they just cut out the Animus stuff entirely I'd be even more interested~

Only thing that I enjoyed about AC3 was the naval combat, so this seems like a really good move. If they could make this work in an open world setting then it could be pretty fantastic, the AC3 naval combat was pretty fantastic but also clearly very segmented, would probably take a fair amount of work to make it work seamlessly.

Oh and if they just cut out the Animus stuff entirely I'd be even more interested~

This.

Agreed with this, the main thing that bothers me about the AC games is that I keep having to play as Desmond and do things I don't understand for people I don't know, I just want to stay as the main character indefinitely. I haven't followed the Animus storyline in a single AC game so far.

@Pogo

Edited by PaulH

Oh wow that looks really cool! When you guys said naval combat I just imagined boarding enemy ships and doing crazy Assassin shizzle on the crew members, not actually controlling and firing the ship itself. Awesome!

Oh yeah, the naval part was among the best parts of AC3! I still can't make up my mind on weather or not I like the game. Maybe I should have played the previous 3 before I jumped right onto this one. 7 hours in the game, i feel I've did more stuff than in 10 games all together, and all this with different key combinations and whatnot! I appreciate a game with shitloads of content, but jebus!!