Flash videos above 360p keep stuttering

D3ads

Just over the last month, anything on Youtube, Gametrailers etc that is above the normal 360p has started performing very badly. I can't even watch 720p or higher because it freezes up the browser or moves at 5fps. This happens both in Firefox and Chrome so it's not browser related and I have the latest Flash update so I can't understand how this is happening.

Any ideas?

Try Internet Explorer, AFAIK it uses a different way of installing Flash than virtually everything else. If it's OK then it might be your updated Flash plug-in has issues with your computer configuration (wouldn't be the first time they've released something which knackers weaker hardware).

Ok this is odd, if I load a video at 1080p, it freezes and I just close the window via processes. I decided to leave it and see what happens this time and after about 2 minutes, it unfroze and played the video without any problems.. WTF.

I'll try clearing temp files and reinstalling flash, not much point reinstalling browsers as it's not the issue.

IE? lol I disabled that months ago, I don't know how to get it working again...