Kedhrin

The Witcher 3

Meanwhile, polygon is concerned about the lack of ethnic diversity in a game about slavic mythology

The irony is how ethnocentric Polygon themself are by writing such a hogwash. For them only American history, culture and values exist (at least those they deem worthy within their own political mindset) and must be stamped on the whole rest of the world. They are completely oblivious to the fact that even 25 year after the fall of the iron curtain it's still a pretty big deal and not very common at all that a Polish developer can tell a Polish story to an international audience.

Who does the CGI anyway because they are always top notch. Is it in house? I especially like the intro of the first Witcher. 

I'm childishly excited for Monday so I made a little hype-trailer thing for the game, hope you guys enjoy it!

Some bits and pieces of distorted audio turned up when I put in the voice-over, but hopefully it isn't too distracting.

Edited by nikkoship

Meanwhile, polygon is concerned about the lack of ethnic diversity in a game about slavic mythology

The irony is how ethnocentric Polygon themself are by writing such a hogwash. For them only American history, culture and values exist (at least those they deem worthy within their own political mindset) and must be stamped on the whole rest of the world. They are completely oblivious to the fact that even 25 year after the fall of the iron curtain it's still a pretty big deal and not very common at all that a Polish developer can tell a Polish story to an international audience.

(Ignoring the fact that he only acknowledged the lack of ethnic minorities in a single paragraph out of 25 in the review :v) This is a review, and the reviewer, who is American, found it odd to find no ethnic minorities. 

This is literally what a review is for.  He's looking at the game from his (very American) point of view.  He found it odd that there were no ethnic minorities, so he wrote that.  He never said that it wasn't really cool for such a Polish game to be made on the scale it was.

This is a game with goddamn elves and gnomes, why is it so impossible for non-white people to exist?  :P

Very valid points, my initial comments were more of an knee jerk reaction to when I was first reading the review. Anyway, as always there were drama on the twitters after the review was posted :vhttps://medium.com/@adrianchm/the-boy-who-cried-white-wolf-on-polygon-s-the-witcher-3-review-f7ac8d7f0a5

My pre-order was changed to a GOG key. They claim CD Projekt is forcing them to sell GOG keys. Same as with Ubi and Far Cry 4, selling the Uplay version remarkably cheaper than the Steam version. A pity really :(

This is not about the game not being worth the cash. It's just these kinda practices that I dislike. Probably a publisher thing.

Am liking this so far, so glad the initial section is a lot more simplified and stripped back for the newcomer, unlike the second game. The world and the characters seem interesting and the story does a good job as well of keeping things simple to follow (at least for now!), only slight issues are the camera (at times) and maybe the complicated menus for crafting and collecting, but am now really looking forward to delving further into it

Am liking this so far, so glad the initial section is a lot more simplified and stripped back for the newcomer, unlike the second game. The world and the characters seem interesting and the story does a good job as well of keeping things simple to follow (at least for now!), only slight issues are the camera (at times) and maybe the complicated menus for crafting and collecting, but am now really looking forward to delving further into it

TELL US YOUR SECRETS