Kedhrin

The Witcher 3

I'm afraid and in the same time excited by this new. 
Please, choose the right actors (it will be difficult for me to identify a new head for my favorites game's characters :-/ )

Edit: Aye, of course I'm the last one to find out 😅 Missed the topic bump

~

A bit weird finding out The Witcher is getting the Netflix Originals TV Show treatment from a 9gag post… but Madsen would be FTW!

https://9gag.com/gag/agLwDPW?ref=fbp

btw the news is real

https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/17/15651956/the-witcher-tv-show-netflix-announced

Edited by blackdog

Absurd request by the original author of the novels, whom back in October 2018 threatened legal action to get $16 millions from CD Project.

Good for them to stand their grounds, just stfu and reflect on your mistakes old man. Can’t you recognise how much extra money you made in book royalties thanks to the game that brought international attention to the saga? Plus what a request to do in a time you just signed a contract with Netflix, which will surely be a nice payout.

The agreement seems a bit an extortion, afaik the game saga is complete so what is he supposed to consult on? And even if they decide to make sequels/spin-offs, such an agreement stinks of the possibility of this guy trying to extort control over the projects. He sound like a poisonous person that I don’t think I would ever want to work with.

TLDR version: Old man fails to recognise the growing medium of video games and licenses his creative universe for a one time payment from CDPR. The games turn out to be one of the most successful rpg series and earn millions of dollars. Now he regrets his decision and, I'd like to believe what Metro 2033 author said, "his wife nags him about it in the evening".

On 2/2/2019 at 3:03 PM, Radu said:

Now he regrets his decision and, I'd like to believe what Metro 2033 author said, "his wife nags him about it in the evening".

You nearly made me blow milk through my nose whilst eating my cereal. That's fucking hilarious 🤣