Kedhrin

The Witcher 3

I'm at the end of the last DLC (Blood and Wine) and guys...you succeed to surprised me again after all these hours of game ! I love you dudes ! :zoidberg:
Oh and I'm so happy to know that we could have a Witcher IV in the future !! \o/ 

I'm forcing myself to actually play through this. Well, forcing is the wrong word because it's not like I'm not enjoying it, just making time to play it because it really is awesome.

I restarted from the beginning again and I'm just at the Bloody Baron. Can't wait to get deeper into the game and eventually the DLC. It is a masterpiece and probably the best RPG I've ever played.

On 3/22/2017 at 10:59 AM, Beck said:

I'm forcing myself to actually play through this. Well, forcing is the wrong word because it's not like I'm not enjoying it, just making time to play it because it really is awesome.

I restarted from the beginning again and I'm just at the Bloody Baron. Can't wait to get deeper into the game and eventually the DLC. It is a masterpiece and probably the best RPG I've ever played.

So true!

But, I never thought I would say this, however amazing it is, I think it's just too big. I've spend over 100 hours on it. I had a great time, but I'm just fatigued. I haven't touched it in over a year.

15 hours ago, Sprony said:

So true!

But, I never thought I would say this, however amazing it is, I think it's just too big. I've spend over 100 hours on it. I had a great time, but I'm just fatigued. I haven't touched it in over a year.

Well you certainly get your monies worth with it. Can't deny that! I'm only like 6 or so hours in so I've got a long run ahead of me especially since I can only put in a few hours a week between all my other games!

10 hours ago, Beck said:

Well you certainly get your monies worth with it. Can't deny that! I'm only like 6 or so hours in so I've got a long run ahead of me especially since I can only put in a few hours a week between all my other games!

It's absolutely not the game's fault. I also bought both expansions to support the developer, and I reckon I still have about 100 hours of content to go. That's 200 hours for one game. That would have been great if I was 15-20 years old. But now, with 2 jobs, a wife, a child and one on the way, I simply don't have that much time to invest in a single game, regardless of it's quality. 

I will eventually finish everything, but it will take a while :)

Guys, so go with the DLC's - those are separate stories, and you do not need to finish the base game to enjoy the expansions - sure it would be awesome, but you don't need to. You can beat Hearts of stone in around 10h and Blood and Wine in about 20. 

Don't you need to be certain levels before you start them? I seem to recall the quests to start one of the DLC's had a level 30 recommendation?

That's the thing. If you want to play just for the stories, you have custom character setup for you just to play the DLC. 
If you have played base game before and you would like to "continue" Geralt's story, than you have your own character. 

Is anyone in the Gwent beta? I've never played any of the popular card collection games but i'm enjoying this quite a bit. Think i will sink a lot of time into this when it's public.

Anyone read/listened to the books? They're awesome.

Currently listening through them all on my commute (in the wrong order, started with Blood of Elves - Which is the first of the novels. Rather than the short stories books - Listening to those now before I move back onto the novels)

The games really nailed it, they're just like the books. Recommend them if you're a fan of the Witcher games.

Whilst I'm here, are there any mods you guys recommend?

48 minutes ago, [HP] said:

<3 that talk, way to go dude!

Also, seems like this game is getting a Netflix series?!

That's... actually a good idea?!?

Edited by Sentura

1 hour ago, [HP] said:

<3 that talk, way to go dude!

Also, seems like this game is getting a Netflix series?!

The books* ;) though they certainly are similar.

34 minutes ago, Sentura said:

That's... actually a good idea?!?

Netflix productions are all data driven, it's pretty interesting and at the same time not very surprising these days. They know the show will have a large following. I can imagine it looking a bit like Tom Hardy's Taboo on HBO. Great show by the by.