Playstation 4

-HP-

As a game programmer this sucks :(

Also the cpu bump is negligible. The apu in general isn't really optimized for game programming. The ps3 while tougher to program for but theoretically had a better model of a very high clocked main processor and separate work units for parallelizable tasks.

I will buy it, don't have a console right now, but I do have a 4k TV, was waiting for the ps4 to support it, so I'm happy, it was planned to have a new 4k blueray format last year but it was delayed, includes support for a new colorspace which i'm particularly excited about. 

Edit, Ok, I see it just got released, not much hype yet then, not surprising :D 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The guys at Digital Foundry have attempted a performance test of the Neo console as looks like it will sport an under-clocked Polaris GPU (the newly released RX480).

It doesn't look good for the PS to support 4K gaming! Actually it can't keep up with these many pixels :( best resolution to maintain performances would be 1440/1800p.

I would expect these test can't be completely true as being a PC equivalent, they are incurring in the Windows and drivers overhead. But how much better can it do? The guy says that Sony is talking upscaling techniques with devs

• 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, Pampers said:

I'd rather have 60fps with the same fidelity as on PC in1080p or slightly higher, rather than a gimmicky 4k with the same fidelity as on todays console at 30fps. But for marketing purposes, its easier to slap a 4k sticker on it and call it a day

You know what's weird too, the fucking thing doesn't play 4k blu-rays! It's even their own proprietary format, wtf.

They could have knocked it out of the park with this one but they dropped the ball really hard. Also, where the hell is PS VR? For something that's supposed to come out soon, they better hurry up and start showing us something!

I saved money to go pro, but I don't see any reason why I should. 

12 hours ago, (HP) said:

You know what's weird too, the fucking thing doesn't play 4k blu-rays! It's even their own proprietary format, wtf.

This I do not get. How could they not include this functionality? Especially when they're banging on about 4k gaming you'd expect they'd support 4k blu-rays!