Does anyone else get a green tint on their screen and then a black flash when switching between HDMI inputs? It displays normally after a couple of seconds, not sure if it's an actual issue or not but yeah.

Are you using a receiver, or just plugging it directly to the TV? have you tried another HDMI port?

Yep, I tried that. It's plugged directly in to the TV.

I did a bit of investigating online and apparently it's down to the way certain TVs handle the HDCP handshake to verify the connection from HDMI. Some can display a black/blank screen whereas others can display a quick green flash. Lots of people seem to have the same thing, even with different devices and it was quite common on the PS3 too. I tried it on a different TV and it displayed fine, so that confirmed it wasn't an issue with the console at least.  :)

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Playstation Youtube channel has a bunch of low profile indie games trailers... I have a feeling Mapcore people coudn't care less about these titles, but I am so happy these people are finding a h

Posted Images

Very cool shit:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-sony-creates-custom-ps3-for-playstation-now

I was always wondering how it could be possible to run a service like Gaikai (or whatever it's being called now) without running into crazy cost issues due to you effectively needing one PS3 per active player.

Looks like the solution was quite obvious really: build fuckloads of server racks that each hold eight PS3s. They could literally fit about 100 PS3s into the space of an average wardrobe — pretty crazy shit! And I bet they can make them really cheaply too because there's no need for them to look nice, be quiet, etc.

Interesting article if you're into this kind of stuff!

I cancelled my PS4 order. There's still no word on when it's available here. Somehow I feel the lack of consoles is artificial. I can't remember a console launch which had so few units available. I've literally gone everywhere in Holland. The only option is the black market for 800 euro's or import. So no PS4 for me. I spent the money on a new PC which is the MASTER RACE anyway.

Yeah there doesn't seem to be many games for it worth playing atm. Save yourself the money!

Yeah, that's true. The only game I want to play is the new Killzone but that isn't a system seller or a definitive must have. Because they are so scarce it has more become a "must buy" feeling instead of "need to have". Kinda like women and shoe sales.

The first game I'm actually looking forward to playing on the PS4 is Thief and that's still months away.

Yeah there doesn't seem to be many games for it worth playing atm. Save yourself the money!

Yeah, that's true. The only game I want to play is the new Killzone but that isn't a system seller or a definitive must have. Because they are so scarce it has more become a "must buy" feeling instead of "need to have". Kinda like women and shoe sales.

The first game I'm actually looking forward to playing on the PS4 is Thief and that's still months away.

Killzone looks awesome, but the story and gameplay is so bad it's almost an insult! :( (Sorry Martin)

Does anyone else get a green tint on their screen and then a black flash when switching between HDMI inputs? It displays normally after a couple of seconds, not sure if it's an actual issue or not but yeah.

Are you using a receiver, or just plugging it directly to the TV? have you tried another HDMI port?

I did a bit of investigating online and apparently it's down to the way certain TVs handle the HDCP handshake to verify the connection from HDMI. Some can display a black/blank screen whereas others can display a quick green flash. Lots of people seem to have the same thing, even with different devices and it was quite common on the PS3 too. I tried it on a different TV and it displayed fine, so that confirmed it wasn't an issue with the console at least.  :)

This solved a lot of HDMI problems for me (PS3, PS4 and XB1 all hooked up to one TV with ONE crappy HDMI port). Your results may vary, of course.

61Lj4leggwL._SL1500_.jpg

This solved a lot of HDMI problems for me (PS3, PS4 and XB1 all hooked up to one TV with ONE crappy HDMI port). Your results may vary, of course.

61Lj4leggwL._SL1500_.jpg

Thanks, I'll give that a try  :)

Ordered one from Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kinivo-301BN-Premium-wireless-adapter/dp/B0049S6ZUS

Edited by Nerve

Might get one of those myself. How long have you had it? I've bought two of the same kind of HDMI switch over the years and each one died after like a year, pissed me off. :(

Yikes.  The one I got wasn't too expensive but only had it since Nov when PS4/XB1 arrived.  Hopefully this one will last longer than yours did.  Right now it's primarily a PS3/PS4 switchbox, but soon I hope to turn on the XB1 and actually use it again.