Playstation 4

-HP-

Well, got mine at midnight launch. Played a couple hours of Killzone then had it shut off on me while browsing psn to then not turn back on. Tried all the fixes I found around the web but he's dead Jim... Took it back to Gamestop and they refunded and ordered me a new one to ship out at some point... I guess I don't get to see the future any more.

A guy I chat with got his PS4 last night... and it was DOA. Just a flashing blue light in his face. He got reaaal happy.

That would be the worst, to come that close and have it not work. I lucked out and my roommate also picked up a system and his is going strong, so I'm just using it when he goes to bed..

I hope these issues aren't too widespread, don't want another red ring situation...

Anyone played knack yet?

I'm about 5 hours in and for the most part I like it. My only complaint is damage feels inconsistent. I'm playing on hard so most things kill me in one or two hits I don't know how different normal is, but I'll have times when an attack that killed me from full health one time will do hardly any damage to me under the same circumstances another time. Between that and a few spots where checkpoints seemed a little far off led to a few frustrated attempts.

They did the same when the Xbox 360 and PS3 came out. I never understood it. You could have made someone, who doesn't have the money, very happy with it. It's this kind of egocentric short sighted nature that makes me lose faith in humanity. The fact that nobody actually responds is even worse.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm not one of those who this kind of activity infuriates, I just find it bewilderingly sad that these guys get a genuine massive buzz out of doing this kind of thing more than going and giving it to some young kid who doesn't have a hope in hell of getting a PS4 any time soon.

It's a sign that they exist in a society that's more easy and forgiving than they deserve — time to flip life into 'hard mode' for them and ship them off to live in North Korea.

It's weird. The PS4 is out now, and this thread was more active before the release...

Tbh, this new console release is nothing special. In comparison to last gen, these consoles are nowhere near as significant, because these games aren't such a huge leap and you can just play them on PC...

That said, I think I might be going for a Wii U.. 

Tbh, this new console release is nothing special. In comparison to last gen, these consoles are nowhere near as significant, because these games aren't such a huge leap and you can just play them on PC...

Can you play Killzone on PC? Infamous? Uncharted? and other first party games? No, you can't. And dude, I'm not trying to defend the platform I'm just saying it doesn't make sense when people say "These consoles are not PCs therefor they suck!" 

What kind of a logic is that? if you want a PC, get a PC. Consoles are different, for both the good and the bad.

And btw the games that you can play on PC, such as Assassins Creed and Battlefield 4 are full of bugs, graphical glitches and crashes, and dude I love PC as much as the next guy, i'm a mouse and keyboard gamer too but when i get home from a long day of work I wanna sit on my fat ass and relax with a game, not browse nvidia forum to learn how I can get Battlefield 4 to run decently on my machine, I've had it with that shit, maybe you guys don't mind it as much as I do but enough is enough.

Consoles are a closed box, developers know exactly what you're gonna be playing on, and they can tweak and tailor the experience for it. And that's exactly what these consoles are, a tailored experience different enough from PC to justify getting one.

I was also considering getting a Wii U, but what for? For it to be sitting in a corner after I finish the latest mario? At least with the PS4 I'll be getting an uncharted every couple years, a god of war, a quantic dreams experience, a Metal Gear Solid, and others experiences you only have on consoles, and even with third party games I know when I plug that disc into my console it will run just fine, it may not run at 4k, 120hz and shiny pixels like the PC but at least it will run well, it's plug and play and on my comfy sofa, it's the little things bro.

I'm a huge console fan, so I don't know exactly why you just claimed I'm some kind of PC fanboy, that isn't what I was talking about here. I'm just not as excited for these consoles as I was for the 360/ps3. It was such a huge leap, I remember being blown away by them at the time! I'm just not feeling that same kind of anticipation around these new consoles, it's more like an upgrade than an evolution. I suppose that's to be expected as graphics aren't improving as fast as they used to, because we've kind of hit a plateau :)

Killzone is getting pretty mediocre reviews; Infamous: Second Son isn't out on PS4 yet, and there is no Uncharted game for PS4. 'Why exactly should I have bought a PS4 on release?', is what I was saying. Don't you dare say Knack, lol.

I'm going to be getting an Xb1/PS4 at some point, because I want to play with my mates when we all upgrade. But I just don't see the appeal at the moment. And the lack of activity on this thread might be because a lot of other people feel the same way.

Edited by PogoP