What have you read lately?

Sprony

This: http://www.amazon.com/Lost-Sea-The-Ronson-Mysteries/dp/1594631956

Reaaally good journalism! Jon Ronson (worked as journalist for the Independent and the Guardian) travels world wide to interview many interesting figures such as the man who made a self-portrait while being induced with one different drug for each portrait. (This guy: http://bryanlewissaunders.org/drugs/)

I can warmly recommend it for something you don't usually read!

untitled-ronson-978144722391701.jpg

Edited by Sjonsson

World_War_Z_book_cover.jpg

Amazing. WTF is wrong with Hollywood. Movie is not even the same damn thing.

I only got through half the audio book so far which is amazing love the atmosphere throughout it. Thats the thing though with movies its a lot of content to try put into a film which is fair enough things have to be missed but they will never be forgiven for that ending, total crap! They missed out some really tense moments from the book which could have been portrayed very will in the film :( ahh well..

I'm currently going through this at the moment, quite a fun read actually!

51tvpTzuwdL.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/13/2017 at 2:04 PM, AlexM said:

Love me some Vonnegut. I don't think I've read Sirens of Titan. How is it?

My dad just gave me a copy of Timequake, I'll proabably read that next. 

Man, Sirens of Titan is the only book that has ever made my cry. Not that it's sad or anything, just plain beautiful :) 

And here's a funny trivia: Apparently Vonnegut wrote the whole storyline in one night.

Wow, that's A LOT of stuff @Minos, how long to get through that material?

I finished "The Virgin Way" by Richard Branson just coming in the new year (book about management is done in Virgin and generally best practices).
I also read, overlapping to it, a minor sci-fi novel about mind-swap, but can't remember the title and I'm not at my home to check...

I'm reading "Videogame Storytelling" by Evan Skolnick (link) and I have also started the classic "IT" by Stephen King in light of the new movie. I calculated I need to read 10 pages per day to make it in time for release. I knew it was a thick book about 1K pages long, but I wasn't prepared to the weight this brick of 13xx pages has. Don't understand why they didn't publish in two volumes or something.

This is the kind of book that justifies the purchase of an e-reader, and I started thinking of sending it back and buy a Kindle if I can find a good used deal. I have been trying to avoid buying books in the recent years, trying to get through what I had on the shelf to then get e-reading, then gf peer pressure made me buy some books :D

Edited by blackdog