Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Always a good idea to let PC players configure their graphics settings and maybe even use a tutorial map before diving into the main campaign. :D

I agree, Ubi usually drops the ball on little things like that. However, you do start off on a tutorial map, because afterwards the games menu is in real-time on the plane.   I think they should have added settings outside of the game before you startup. Would have been a smart addition.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist Has Gone Gold   http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/08/tom-clancys-splinter-cell-blacklist-has-gone-gold

Plane flying

I guess they're just thinking about consoles, not a concern there of course. It's an important thing to remember for PC gamers though as I don't think I've ever played a PC game that gets my graphics settings right automatically. :D

I'll be getting this on console soon anyway, so not something that'll affect me!

Had a memory leak while playing a multiplayer map but other than that everything's been pretty smooth :)

So let's talk a little about the SP, I absolutely hated the intro, aside from the technical difficulties I encountered of course but those luckily didn't happen on my home PC. :) The first actual mission was sweet as hell though!

Here's why:

Super military intro cutscene? Yawn. Military base? Wtf? Sam Fisher in an army suit? Crashing helicopter?! Explosions everywhere...

:( One disappointment after another, worst intro to a Splintercell as far as I can remember. And then the first mission started, undercover! WIN! Awesome gear, switching off lights. Ability to bypass areas. Hell yeah this is fucking awesome! :D Ace on that mission! The paladin's pretty sweet as well. So far I really like it, I like the level design, lots of options. But yeah, I'm gonna pretend the intro didn't happen, hope there's not too much of that. We'll see :)

Is there a way to knock out a guard and immediately lift the body on your shoulders? I have some vague memory of being able to do that in some other Splintercell game but I could be wrong.

I had hoped the MP would be more like the one from Chaos Theory (slower, pipe climbing, choking an enemy) instead of that of Double Agent but I can live with it. I do miss jumping though and it'd be nice if things were a little darker. Not sure if mercs have flashlights or not, only played 2 matches.

So those are my first impressions, I'll update once I finished the campaign, coop and whatnot :) But yeah, looking good! Nice job!

Edited by Chimeray
and then the first mission started, undercover! WIN! Awesome gear, switching off lights. Ability to bypass areas. Hell yeah this is fucking awesome! :D Ace on that mission!

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed my level :)

Is there a way to knock out a guard and immediately lift the body on your shoulders? I have some vague memory of being able to do that in some other Splintercell game but I could be wrong.

Yes, but only during a humanshield by holding X

Edited by Dark

wow what a buggy piece of shit.

20 minutes to log in to u-don't-play, game force-launches in bizarre windowed resolution, have to play shitty press-c-to-crouch (thanks for the tips!) section before i can enter a menu and fix it. then 10 tries at the opening "stealth" gameplay, then i get spotted as i get past it, with 10 guards shouting at me and boom: instant cutscene and i am safe. then "you can't stop the blacklist!" - well apparently you can because the game just crashed.

nice work ubisoft, you've outdone yourselves. please stop making games, sincerely: the world.

/edit also new voice actor is shit. best SC is still CT with DA right behind.

Edited by Rick_D

I think I'm about halfway through or further now and I really like it, some levels are a bit off but most of them allow me to play old school splinter cell  :)

Like the train level. I think it already was kind of meh or even bad but the FPS Briggs thing topped it to holy shit levels of WTF. You should've seen my face... I was actually laughing out loud cos I couldn't believe they actually went there xD

RANT:

I can attest to all of that Rick, although once you've gotten over all the hurdles the game is really good :) You can actually skip the whole intro apparently and teleport right into your base of operations, I advise doing just that you won't miss out on much.

So far I've had 2 crashes in SP, a memory leak leading to a crash in MP, another random crash in MP, and just lots of obstacles through Uplay. For instance you can't join a game through Uplay when your friends have a different edition of the game, it sort of detects it like 2 different games for some reason... I think I also had some disconnects and whatnot.

I also play with an xbox 360 controller so thank you people at microsoft for putting a shift-f2 button on the xbox controller, that was really thoughtful of them to keep Uplay in mind. Ok I'm grasping at straws here cos I think it's the same with battlelog and BF3... but regardless, it'd be nice if I could just stay in my couch and fix everything ingame.

But when the game works... I'm really enjoying it!

Edited by Chimeray

Wow, I feel like a dumbass (more than usual). I looked at the achievements, saw something about upgrading a gun ... and then it hit me .. I NEVER REALIZED THAT IN MY PLAYTHROUGH. I finished the game without any upgrades, just purchasing new gear. But now I know for the Perfectionist playthrough.

Its ok, its not for everyone, besides, there's a _D at the end of Ricks name for a reason  :P

i don't think any of what i mentioned had anything to do with me being a dick, and simply dismissing the issues is why SC is where it's at now.

have you played the older SC's? they have been getting progressively more ridiculous as time goes on, not just story-wise (i can forgive that, you do 50 games you're going to run out of material if you let the french start writing scripts about americans), but bugs and "features" and general gameplay. there's so much potential with stealth games - look at Mask of the Ninja - and here we are having "press space to glitch into new cover".

maybe it's just the PC version, but I see glitchy animation, constant saving icons, crashes, etc... i'm going to keep playing it to see if it redeems itself but i'm not blown away.