Splinter Cell: Blacklist

but how many times do pc players have to suffer an abomination of a port? it's not like it's been one or two titles, literally every ubisoft game has had literally gamebreaking, blocker-level bugs on the pc. their support is useless and their patches are 3 - 6 months down the road, if at all. it's like they don't care about that entire section of the market. i want to play the games, i want to give them money, but every time? i don't know why i keep doing it to myself.

It's not that bad. Remember when Spelunky didn't add 360-degree whip mouse aim in its PC port of a console port of a PC port? Laziness!

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist Has Gone Gold   http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/08/tom-clancys-splinter-cell-blacklist-has-gone-gold

Plane flying

I'm only a few missions in, but I really like it so far, feels like a proper splinter cell game. Although I miss Ironside, the new voice actor is actually doing a nice job. Cutscenes have a good flow and doesn't feel so cringeable as they usually do in games like this. I miss the small interogations Sam used to do with captured NPCs though.

I'm only a few missions in, but I really like it so far, feels like a proper splinter cell game. Although I miss Ironside, the new voice actor is actually doing a nice job. Cutscenes have a good flow and doesn't feel so cringeable as they usually do in games like this. I miss the small interogations Sam used to do with captured NPCs though.

Eh, can't have a full interogation with the Kobin guy because you'd just go "wow Adam Jensen, you've changed" because of the voice.

Eh, can't have a full interogation with the Kobin guy because you'd just go "wow Adam Jensen, you've changed" because of the voice.

Kobin (Elias Toufexis) was my favorite character in the game. I got to have drinks with him at the launch party, and mentioned that he should be the next Sam instead, was a good laugh. It would never fit, but man; I love this guys voice acting.

There was a mission that was cut early on, which you would play as Kobin seizing a ship with a group of spec ops (mercs) at your back. Was an interesting concept but it would have been a nightmare with our tech.

Ok, so some more IMO mistakes:

very often you have collision that are way bigger than actual mesh, and as resault i was shooting a guy and my bullet was stuck in the air
i love profesionall diff, but at this point i need to take out 11 guys (silent) but there is no checkpoint after 6 (or half way) and if you get detected 13 more are coming in (in this difficulty it is impossible to killem all)  srsly there should be more checkpoint, becouse this is not making the game harder but more fucking frustrating as shit !

i love profesionall diff, but at this point i need to take out 11 guys (silent) but there is no checkpoint after 6 (or half way) and if you get detected 13 more are coming in (in this difficulty it is impossible to killem all)  srsly there should be more checkpoint, becouse this is not making the game harder but more fucking frustrating as shit !

now i want to play it just to see if i can :D

Just finished it on PRO difficulty, for me this was the way SC should be played, and it was a great game you guys !
No execution (or whatever was it called in conviction) one - two hits and you are dead, limited ammo during mission - fuck yes, this is what splinter cell was and still should be.
I've heared some ppl said this tech is old, i know this is unreal, but still i really like thos sharp textures combined with mostly night/dark areas, spec was working great !
overall i really liked it despite it's small bugs

Oh and what i've really didn't like was

Briggs mission FPS style wtf !? %)

Edit:
The track called Complex (rmx of Conviction theme), is it playes somewhere during gameplay or is it just a score for credits ect ?

Edited by knj