Splinter Cell: Blacklist

deceiver

looks like you have grabed wrong torrent lol

pirating games in 2013 :rolleyes:

because of course ubisoft have a perfect track record of PC releases lmao. remember when ghost recon came out and it was 100% flawless and i never had any problems connecting to friends for the coop. haha, good times.

/edit don't get me wrong, i am not personally attacking anyone who worked on the game, i am sure your work was great and you poured yourselves into it and are proud of what you achieved. there's a lot of redeeming features hidden away, and i like the direction pulling away from a linear do-this-then-this-omg-epic-narrative, it reminds me of how Double Agent felt, obviously you were playing a linear experience but it was presented in a way where it felt very fluid and player-driven.

my problem is the poor PC port, as always with ubisoft, the shitty UPlay - it's as bad as origin in terms of being a featureless void, although at least ubi aren't arrogant enough to try and sell their games purely through UPlay - and the lackluster polish and abundance of bugs and glitches.

maybe it's because the engine is like 10 years old and has been injected with more addons than insert-clever-metaphor.

Edited by Rick_D

my problem is the poor PC port, as always with ubisoft, the shitty UPlay - it's as bad as origin in terms of being a featureless void, although at least ubi aren't arrogant enough to try and sell their games purely through UPlay - and the lackluster polish and abundance of bugs and glitches.

maybe it's because the engine is like 10 years old and has been injected with more addons than insert-clever-metaphor.

gah, could you not have said this in your first reply :) much better. I don't like UPlay either.

A completely different team worked on the pc port and I'm sure they are going to get everything fine tuned and working. Launch problems at its finest.

Edited by Dark

Rick, saying things like  "nice work ubisoft, you've outdone yourselves. please stop making games, sincerely: the world." Is why I called you a dick.

but how many times do pc players have to suffer an abomination of a port? it's not like it's been one or two titles, literally every ubisoft game has had literally gamebreaking, blocker-level bugs on the pc. their support is useless and their patches are 3 - 6 months down the road, if at all. it's like they don't care about that entire section of the market. i want to play the games, i want to give them money, but every time? i don't know why i keep doing it to myself.

I have enough friends, co-workers playing it on pc right now without any problems? I don't know why you are having so many issues.

You say everytime, what games are you refering too? AC brotherhood and 3 had bugs but didnt crash or block me in anyway. Splinter Cell Conviction, and all the Farcry games never had issues for me. i own them all on pc.

But yes, I wish Ubi  put more effort into it their pc titles, its just the market is very niche for their games, even the ones I listed above and they run fine.

Edited by Dark

Some more stuff I didn't like:

QTE ending

:( I wasn't expecting a Metal Gear Solid boss battle but you sure presented it as such so I was kinda disappointed when it didn't turn out to be like that. Fuck Briggs, seriously. Sam should work solo, I hope I don't hear from that dude in the next game, definitely not play as him! :o Did no one learn anything from MGS2, Devil May Cry 4... etc? :P

Why can't I switch shoulder when I'm aiming? Can you only do that while in human shield mode, why? :/

So I guess I summed up a whole deal of things I didn't like over the last couple of posts so here's the stuff I DID like :)

Mandatory stealth missions were really cool

:) I wasn't expecting that, thought the game would be CoD where it's possible to do things the oldschool way if you really wanted but it feels like you guys really went back to the roots! Ty for that!

I'm really happy there were some secret facilities you had to break into or escape!

The laptops, dead-drops and capture-this-dude were nice distractions.

I guess if I didn't mention other things it must've been that I liked them xD

Overall I think it's a solid addition to the series. I did miss some mission-impossible wow moments, mostly it felt like I was just moving through a level rather than actually having to interact or do something with it. Can't really wrap my finger around it why some levels weren't more memorable. (Like the bank level in Chaos Theory). I felt some levels were a bit hit or miss like I said earlier but I can overlook some. Anyhow, it was definitely fun and I enjoyed it and I'm gonna replay some missions in the weekend. ;)

Edited by Chimeray

I have enough friends, co-workers playing it on pc right now without any problems? I don't know why you are having so many issues.

You say everytime, what games are you refering too? AC brotherhood and 3 had bugs but didnt crash or block me in anyway. Splinter Cell Conviction, and all the Farcry games never had issues for me. i own them all on pc.

But yes, I wish Ubi  put more effort into it their pc titles, its just the market is very niche for their games, even the ones I listed above and they run fine.

ok you're right there's no problems #toplel i am just hating on a game because i am not a TRUGAMER

Ok so i've started playing this morrning and didn't play much, but:

i'm playing on pro (as idea its great, just like old games), but the checkpoint system sux hard, what i mean is that the checkpoints are not in the places i would put them and i would put them before every hard encounter, and after every cutscene - but it doesn't work that way
i love the idea that when you play on lower dificulty you can have more conviction expirience, but i preffer the old SC games (for know, dont know how long i will last tho)

I HATE that all of the crew is much younger looking, and Sam's voice - damn the new guy got shit, where is the old Sam !?
as for know i didn't have any crashes of bug

I HATE that all of the crew is much younger looking, and Sam's voice - damn the new guy got shit, where is the old Sam !?

The old Sam couldn't perform stunts :(

I noticed the younger looks in the videos (and Grim appear less hot :( ) and I will reiterate: imo Sam should have been retired from field duties, seen all these changes.

The old Sam couldn't perform stunts :(

I noticed the younger looks in the videos (and Grim appear less hot :( ) and I will reiterate: imo Sam should have been retired from field duties, seen all these changes.

Grimm less hot? You sir are crazy, :XD: .  I suppose you prefer her first appearance?

http://images.wikia.com/splintercell/images/9/9a/A.Gr%C3%ADmsd%C3%B3ttir.jpg lol

Edited by Dark