Splinter Cell: Blacklist

deceiver

I saw some movie about the art direction and I hate the "on screen camera effects". I even disliked it in BF3, was way too overused and I think it's even sillier in a 3rd person game :s I don't wanna nitpick but it's so in your face that I'm sure it's gonna bother the fuck out of me :s

As far as other things go... Hated that video that showed gameplay in the daylight against terrorists and calling in airstrikes or whatever it was. Was really disappointed they were moving in this direction. Kinshasa was my least favorite part in Double Agent.

So I'm not sure what to think at this point (to be fair I stopped watching/reading stuff not to get hyped which I always do at a certain point). Conviction was pretty decent even though they moved more towards action and it felt like Bourne Identity... Pretty nice compromise since there were still night missions and stealth so I could live with the action feel. We'll see I suppose :s But I'm not keeping my hopes up too much either.

I'm a big time Splinter Cell fan and played the shit out of all of them, first time I'm super worried. Sorry to come of so negative guys, I'm sure it's gonna be a quality game but perhaps moved out of my interest zone, pretty sure there's a market out there that'll enjoy it :) Still gonna be a day 1 purchase though, have to check it out.

Edited by Chimeray

Lets just say this it is closer to what splinter used to be about than conviction ever was, even if u have to put up with a little daylight. The enemy doesn't always work at nightime, they arn't vampires :P

Non Lethal gameplay

Completely unrelated and I don't mean to derail the thread but that's exactly what bothers me about a lot of games nowadays. Nobody cares if the game takes place only at night, this is supposed to be a game and not a real-life simulation... (unless you were trolling of course).

I mean, look at the MGS games, nothing makes sense there and nobody gives a shit :P I hate it when devs move away from "fun stuff" to favor realism and immersion (which is a very subjective term, Fallout 3 is a very immersive game imo, even though nothing in it resembles real life).

/rant

Lets just say this it is closer to what splinter used to be about than conviction ever was, even if u have to put up with a little daylight. The enemy doesn't always work at nightime, they arn't vampires :P

Sounds (and looks from the vid) pretty good indeed :)

Are there a lot of terrorists, middle eastern whatever dudes? Or is it a lot of company break ins, guards, etc?? That stuff is sweet :) Guess that might be too secret-ish info to share so I'll have to wait!