keres

Batch Sampler

https://sourceforge....s/batchsampler/

I wrote this little program to help everyone save some time when they're looking to create a grid of randomly sampled tiles from a source image. The idea is that if you have a whole lot of tiles, you don't want to spend all of that time doing a bunch of copy-pasting.

It is free to use for whatever purpose, and the source code is also available. I don't have a mac, so right now there is only a win32 version, but nothing is stopping you from porting it :)

PNG, TGA, and JPG are supported.

This image pretty much sums it up:

workflow.jpg

...and with that workflow I made the following material in about 15 minutes this morning:

MUE0y.jpg

Edited by keres

Dammit! I forgot to include the silly crt dll. One bit and I'll fix it...

Edit:

Fixed. Or at least it should be. Please tell me if it works :) I'm unable to check such a thing on my own computer.

Edited by keres

Cool :D If you ever use this tool to make some really freaking cool textures, I would really, really appreciate it if I could get some pimp shots. I plan on doing a handful of other similar tools in the future.

I can't run it from my side, it complains about it being an invalid Win32 application. Is trying to run it on Windows XP part of the problem?

Probably. I didn't do anything XP-related when building the release version.

Brilliant idea! Do you plan to make a gui? Would be nice to get a grey scale map with the computed grid, for masking in photoshop later, you know...

No gui for now. I'm genuinely disappointed with gui toolkits in general. They all kind of suck.