Evert

Cyberpunk 2077

I'm about 3ish hours in on Xbox One...still running okay enough. No serious bugs. Definitely not as pretty as on PC or next gen, but whatever still enjoying this.

Merry Christmas!

16 hours ago, Zarsky said:

Damage control in full swing. They knew exactly in what state the game was when it released. 🤥

It’s easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

Most of the sales must be on PC (there was some data released but I don’t remember) and they must have edged their bets on that account, that the (low number of) requests for returns would be acceptable loss.

Edited by blackdog

I feel bad for them every time they post an apologetic message. Yeah, we get it, you fucked up, but posting these so frequently makes them lose any "genuine" feeling they're intended to have.

Also, there is no way QC gave the green light for Cyberpunk.

they should be deeply embarrassed for the state it launched in, but I do hope all subsequent shenanigans don't impair them from polishing the game up post-launch

'be a shame to see that whole world - all those assets - go to waste because the investors got antsy

Edited by ThunderKeil

Directly from the mouth of Gaben:

“I have a lot of sympathy with a situation that every game developer finds themselves in,” he said.

“All I know is that there are a lot of very happy gamers in the PC space, which are the ones that are most visible to us.

“There are aspects of the game that are just brilliant, and it shows a tremendous amount of work — it’s unfair to throw stones at any other developer, because just getting something as complex and ambitious as that out the door is pretty amazing.”

“Everybody knows that if you’re in this business, expectations are high, and if you do it well people are going to let you know and if you failed to meet those expectations they’re are going to let you know — that’s part of why it’s a fun industry.”

https://www.vg247.com/2021/01/20/valves-newell-cd-projekt-cyberpunk-2077/

The investors are suing the company for being misled.

Aren't this people double dipping, benefitting from (what I imagine was) a surge in stock with the great preorders, and now trying to get other money out of the company with the suit?