Evert

Cyberpunk 2077

Just now, dux said:

Are you being dense on purpose? Are you the guy who made the comment? Of course it was directed at the devs.

Lol why would I? I'm just trying to say that you got winded up by really reasonable comment in all that shitstorm. 
Do you believe that a "Game runs suprisingly well on old generation consoles" comment was made by someone actively developing the game and not some marketing guy/ c- level person?

If a company advertised the game for older consoles the consumer have a full right to point out the game runs horribly on old generation consoles, am I wrong here?

No I was frustrated at the tone. If the general individual had any idea how difficult it is to port a modern game to older hardware. Sure, they aren't obligated to know that and I've said like 3 times now in my posts that it was A BAD CALL to release it on ps4/pro or at least release it now instead of giving it another 6 months which it clearly needed. But it sure would be nice of it was at least outlined how much effort goes into porting something like this to a brick. What I'm saying is try to be realistic instead of saying "sounds like you didn't do much do address how horrible this game looks on console". It's a console from 2013/16 trying to run a legitimate next gen title from 2020. What do you expect? No doubt the team who ported this did all they could given the circumstances and are pretty exhausted and burnt out. Then seeing comments like that is cherry on the cake, while I imagine the suit that ordered it be ported is sat on a mountain of cash feeling pretty good about themselves.

I bet you there's some guy sat there going "We should port this to the switch!" while every ground level developer dies inside.

1 minute ago, dux said:

No I was frustrated at the tone. If the general individual had any idea how difficult it is to port a modern game to older hardware. Sure, they aren't obligated to know that and I've said like 3 times now in my posts that it was A BAD CALL to release it on ps4/pro or at least release it now instead of giving it another 6 months which it clearly needed. But it sure would be nice of it was at least outlined how much effort goes into porting something like this to a brick. What I'm saying is try to be realistic instead of saying "sounds like you didn't do much do address how horrible this game looks on console". It's a console from 2013/16 trying to run a legitimate next gen title from 2020. What do you expect? No doubt the team who ported this did all they could given the circumstances and are pretty exhausted and burnt out. Then seeing comments like that is cherry on the cake, while I imagine the suit that ordered it be ported is sat on a mountain of cash feeling pretty good about themselves.

I bet you there's some guy sat there going "We should port this to the switch!" while every ground level developer dies inside.

Totally agree with you. I dont think anyone who knows how much work and effort went into this game will call out devs for the undercooked product we got. But people who dont know or just dont care about the devs on the other hand will say some stupid and hurtful shit. Thats why I think its in the company interest to explain why the game runs like this to kinda educate those who have zero idea. Typical customer that will buy the game have zero idea how much money, effort, time and love goes into this he just want a working product especially when it was advertised as one. Bad call from the higher ups for sure...

But seriously, I agree that it running at 20fps and looking all 1977 isn't cool. But neither was the posts attitude. All I was getting at. I've been reading too much twitter lately, got me all negative nancy down over here.

7 hours ago, dux said:

I'll reiterate: Dumb to port to ps4. Guy whining that a 2020 game runs badly on his 1980 console. I dunno how plainer to put it. "sounds like you didn't do much do address how horrible this game looks on console" who's he referring to then when he said that? 

I don't understand why you keep talking about porting. The game has been in development for 8 years, surely PS4 and Xbox One were the main target throughout, unless they always expected to be release after this long?

If that was true though, they would have released as next-gen launch titles, instead of taking advantage of back-compatibility to run on the new consoles, right?

It's totally in the player's right to expect a game to run decently, we are not talking about a PC gamer with an old machine hoping for the best, but a box with fixed spec the developer decided to release for: you owe to your customers to release a playable title. Since when it is normal to include a "fuck you peasant" card in each game box at the end of a generation?
If not on a matter of principle and good customer service, you should recognise that often the best looking games are released at the end of the generation. Last of Us 2 is gorgeous and doesn't run like shit; Valhalla and Legion are sandbox games and I haven't heard complaints.

21 minutes ago, blackdog said:

I don't understand why you keep talking about porting. The game has been in development for 8 years, surely PS4 and Xbox One were the main target throughout, unless they always expected to be release after this long?

Plans change. Hardware changes. I've said it runs poorly and that's not acceptable. But also take into account the hardware it's trying to run on? And of course it is in the players rights to expect it to run decently. But it's hardly unheard of for games on release day to have performance issues and bugs. And when you take into account the scope of this game I'm saying that I'm not surprised that it runs badly on older hardware like a ps4.

And that guy even if mad, his tone and post still wasn't necessary. 

Edited by dux