Evert

Cyberpunk 2077

I refunded this and I'm gonna wait a few months I think. It was very buggy and poorly optimized. I have lots of games to finish first anyway :D

Definitely interested in playing but it felt subpar for a £50 game.

I'm sure it's a great game, I think I just bought into the hype and purchased it without really thinking. It seemed fun, but I wanna be able to invest some proper time into it once I've finished other games that I've purchased recently. AV: Valhalla, Ghost of Tsushima etc.

Plus it'll be cheaper next year, as well as more optimized and have less bugs. I ran into a lot of T-pose characters and other assorted visual bugs that sorta broke the immersion a bit.

15 hours ago, Radu said:

Definitely having fun with the bugs and exploring the world. I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the information, characters, menus, mechanics.. but I've been playing in short sessions in order to process things. Anyway, here's some spoiler free screenshots:

654A68DE3CFF2ACEAD84C8CE7CC66122519CA1A4

Cyberpunk 1977.

DF reports things running mostly at 720p and about 15-30 fps on base PS4 and just a bit better on Pro. This game will be very different depending on what you play it on. The PC version apparently can look truly next gen on PC if you have the latest hardware.

They should've probably delayed the current gen console releases at least until they got the performance sorted out. But oh well, they got the cash anyway, the majority of my friends have already jumped aboard despite the issues.

Edited by Zarsky

sounds like you didn't do much do address how horrible this game looks on console

it was made for PS4, and I'm playing on a Pro. This game looks terrible.

Reading their forum and the entitlement of some of these little shits. 

Yeah it was ported for PS4. I'll bet you the suits called for it to be on a PS4. And I can guarantee you every single person who had to work on porting this to that old brick of a system had a shitty time doing it. This shouldn't of been ported to last gen consoles, they just cannot run it. Bad call. But also fuck that guy and his comment. That stuff winds me up.

3 minutes ago, dux said:

Reading their forum and the entitlement of some of these little shits. 

Yeah it was ported for PS4. I'll bet you the suits called for it to be on a PS4. And I can guarantee you every single person who had to work on porting this to that old brick of a system had a shitty time doing it. This shouldn't of been ported to last gen consoles, they just cannot run it. Bad call. But also fuck that guy and his comment. That stuff winds me up.

While I totally agree with you, isnt this comment directed to "suits" that called for it to be on ps4?

I don't understand your question? I'm saying it was dumb to port it to ps4 and I'm saying that guy coming across an entitled whiner is irritating. There's not a lot they can do to get a legit next gen looking title to run on a pentium 2.

6 minutes ago, dux said:

I don't understand your question? I'm saying it was dumb to port it to ps4 and I'm saying that guy coming across an entitled whiner is irritating. There's not a lot they can do to get a legit next gen looking title to run on a pentium 2.

Well you said that it was probably suits that called for it to be on ps4 and you got irritated buy this guys comment on how they did not address how horribly the game runs on ps4 because he sounds entitled. How? He didn't say this directly to the devs.

15 minutes ago, Lizard said:

Well you said that it was probably suits that called for it to be on ps4 and you got irritated buy this guys comment on how they did not address how horribly the game runs on ps4 because he sounds entitled. How? He didn't say this directly to the devs.

giphy.gif

I'm sorry but I cant make sense of what you're saying. 

I'll reiterate: Dumb to port to ps4. Guy whining that a 2020 game runs badly on his 1980 console. I dunno how plainer to put it. "sounds like you didn't do much do address how horrible this game looks on console" who's he referring to then when he said that? 

2 minutes ago, dux said:

giphy.gif

I'm sorry but I cant make sense of what you're saying. 

I'll reiterate: Dumb to port to ps4. Guy whining that a 2020 game runs badly on his 1980 console. I dunno how plainer to put it. "sounds like you didn't do much do address how horrible this game looks on console" who's he referring to then when he said that? 

I will reiterate if you have problems understanding what I wrote.

- You called the guy entitled whiner
- Your explanation was that it was not devs devision to put the game on ps4 but higher ups and they should be blamed for it not devs
- The problem is that the original comment wasn't directed to devs directly. That was your (imho wrong) assumption

who's he referring to then when he said that? 

Dunno man. Company as a whole? Marketing team?