Evert

Cyberpunk 2077

Watched the most recent gameplay vid and it looks... kinda ropey. Kinda reminded me of Skyrim in a way, janky animations and shit. Anyone else think that?

To be honest it's not surprising the game has kind of janky mechanics. It's a first person rpg, not a fps like titanfall, it would be weird to expect the game to work that smoothly. I hope its at least a little smoother than fallout/skyrim considering the lengthy development and modern tech.

I seem to have a problem with telling between janky and non-janky animations. Maybe I don't understand what people mean. Can someone post two examples of janky and non-janky? 

3 hours ago, Radu said:

I seem to have a problem with telling between janky and non-janky animations. Maybe I don't understand what people mean. Can someone post two examples of janky and non-janky? 

Compare Mass effect Andromeda with TloU2. The latter has those janky animations.

5 hours ago, DMU222 said:

Do you mean the former or does Andromeda have some crazy fluid animations?

He definitely meant the former. Lol

Skimming through the latest footage yeah, can spot that transitions between animations are not always ideal, but this game is doing pretty much everything a human can do, the situations are so diverse I am really impressed by the polish, compared to other recent games of similar scope/genre (like Fallout) there’s no comparison the finesse being put on display here. And there are still several months to release still…

Edited by blackdog

9 hours ago, DMU222 said:

Do you mean the former or does Andromeda have some crazy fluid animations?

I see distinguishing janky from non janky ain’t that hard. 😜

@blackdog Recent Fallout titles have mostly pushed the bar of animation in the wrong direction regarding what should be expected in an AAA production.

Afaik they're upgrading their tech and tools for Starfield, so I expect them to at least reach Cyberpunk 2077 level of animation once that releases. 

Edited by Zarsky