Dead B4 Xmas

tomdon

I am trying to make a little l4D2 survival map, ideally before christmas day! Its all very wip at the moment. I have been taking the time to make custom props, like the snow covered roof and the internal stairs (not pictured). Posting up progress in the hope that it spurs me on to get this finished!

H7cCOh.jpg

hxIIOh.jpg

66e3hh.jpg

Agreed, while the lighting is spooky, it could be a little livelier. Going to second blorange, I'd be interested to see that

Edit: maybe an orange closer to yellow would be a nice complement, sort of a more sickly color tone. Just a thought!

Edited by FMPONE

Cheers guys :), I am going to try and get more colour in there with some orange lighting in the house. I have added a few coloured christmas lights (they turn on when survival mode is activated). I have spent a bit of time making some super cheap woodland models to go around the edge of the map. Hopefully it feels a bit more like it is sat in woodland, rather than on some giant snow plane.

1FBS4.jpg

jkb0m.jpg

NHYqC.jpg

Nice but I have some points for your :)

I think you should make your lights less glow with warmer color (or let them in white - not between warm and cold) and also put more decorations.

Also, why have we only these lights outdoor ? I don't know the story you're telling us (except the fact the your lights turn on when the game start), but I think you should add more Christmas lights inside of the house...I don't know how I can describe you that but...try to make this house more attractive, more hotness to add a good contrast between the exterior which is dangerous and the interior where you could find a false sentiment of security.

Examples :

A house with white lights and not a lot of deco :

HouseWInter2009Snow800p.jpg

Houses with warmer lights and more deco (light acts on snow) :

christmas-christmas-light-house-snow-winter-Favim.com-352463.jpg

And what you could do, a dawn / evening atmosphere :

winter%20snow%20houses%20christmas%20artwork%203000x1860%20wallpaper_www.wallpaperhi.com_36.jpg

Was my two cents !