de_ali (working name)

Squad

It's been a while off course, but I don't think I've seen these picture before. Either way, my first and biggest inspiration/reference were the following pictures ;)

aEZvfMJ.jpg

AfxdUc1.jpg

And here are a few others I found that you might recognise:

jP8M4od.jpg

h3dT0tH.jpg

Seems like I lost a large chunk of the references I gathered for this map though :(

Can definitely see what you picked up here! Intersting.

And in terms of managing reference, you keep stuff in the work folder of the map?

I create a dedicated folder for each map I work on. It contains subfolders like Pakrat, Overviews, Screenshots, References (consists of subfolders too), etc. Basically anything that is related/needed for the map, so it's all in one place.

No idea how other people do this, would actually be interesting to find out about other/better ways :)

I create a dedicated folder for each map I work on. It contains subfolders like Pakrat, Overviews, Screenshots, References (consists of subfolders too), etc. Basically anything that is related/needed for the map, so it's all in one place.

No idea how other people do this, would actually be interesting to find out about other/better ways :)

Yeah that was I was trying to find out in the other topic.
I was starting to wonder if to keep the reference in a project... for now I keep all reference in the master "mapping" folder, and I do thematic subfolders and/or chuck everything in the main reference folder, using file names like:

penthouse-01.jpg
penthouse-inside-01.jpg
penthouse-mexico-inside-01.jpg

etc.
Guess the idea is to just collect cool shit, then when I need it, sift through and collect in the map folder only the most relevant material. Because sometimes I just flick through the album of everything looking for inspiration.

But is starting to feel waste of time, since I haven't actually delivered anything yet.

It's been a while off course, but I don't think I've seen these picture before. Either way, my first and biggest inspiration/reference were the following pictures ;)

aEZvfMJ.jpg

Holy shit, the original Team Fortress 2 screenshots :whaaa:

My god, I haven't seen them in a LOOONG time. I remember seeing them the first time back in early 2000 in a preview on PCZone magazine (the paper edition :v) and almost crapping my pants out of excitement :dance:

I wish they continued with this direction and art style instead of the present cartoon-ish one :sad:

Same here; I just put this folder outside of "steamapps" folder and keep a second backup on a external hard disk :v