sock

Q1 - In the Shadows

Thanks everyone for the comments. Most of the assets I have created for this MOD are based on assets made by ID because I want to maintain the original vibe. If I was to go standalone I would have to give up on what makes Quake so Quake, the original asset design. Part of my reason for this MOD is I love the creature designs, the pixel atmosphere and the movement of the player. Don't worry my next project will be standalone, I just need to finish this one first! :)

So you're still improving In The Shadows? What will be next? :)

What will be next? :)

More locations to explore, more monsters to fight or avoid, better stealth mechanics with a new weapon which shows the player what is happening. Large vertical locations with deadly traps for a different gameplay pace. A better particle system which is based on models instead of sprites. A more detailed gib system with unique models for each monster. More tweaks to the AI pathing systems and a large collection of environmental sounds to compliment all the new idle animations. It is a big update and hopefully should provide more opportunities to explore and have fun stalking the AI.

What will be next? :)

More locations to explore, more monsters to fight or avoid, better stealth mechanics with a new weapon which shows the player what is happening. Large vertical locations with deadly traps for a different gameplay pace. A better particle system which is based on models instead of sprites. A more detailed gib system with unique models for each monster. More tweaks to the AI pathing systems and a large collection of environmental sounds to compliment all the new idle animations. It is a big update and hopefully should provide more opportunities to explore and have fun stalking the AI.

not-worthy.gif

He found you or you've mailed him?

To be honest it was complete luck, he found my Moddb page and wrote an article. I was trying like crazy last xmas to get the mod noticed by producing articles, updates, screenshots etc and nothing was making any impact. Eventually I stop trying and realized that if I just keep making new content that eventually someone would notice the mod!?! :P

@SpronyvanJohnson, thanks :D

@D3ads, I highly recommend to wait for the next release, it should be released soonTM.

Oh here is some Darkplaces pixel p0rn with rtlights and fancy liquid shaders!

(really need to add a nice texture border to that slime)

its_dpupdate_1.jpg

Edited by sock

Now your just cock teasing Sock!

If you need a tester, I would love to help out!

Edited by SpronyvanJohnson

(really need to add a nice texture border to that slime)

Yep, I did that on one of the Speedy's SpeedBaze textures. So simple yet so stylish :)

EDIT:

I just realized that it's no way to get speedbaze.wad on the internet... :( All links are dead, no way to get the Q3 version too :(

Edited by seir

@seir, no worries, found something that fits the slime.

@pyroGXPilot, unfortunately those wad files do not have any slime borders. Thanks for the links.

Shadowgate (S1M1) was the first test map I created for the mod and was a good place to start my eye candy visual boost. These screenshots are from the Darkplaces engine with real time lighting, custom particles and various shader effects.

Guard Duty in the Cave

its60l.jpg

New start area for the map

its61l.jpg

Indoor Slime pit hazards

its62l.jpg

An example video showing the portal effect at the start of the map