Mazy

Destiny

So, I forced myself to pick this up again since I paid full retail for it. I finished everything except for the Vault of Glass. I have not changed my opinion as expressed in the previous post. The combat is fun, it's visually appealing but it's shallow and repetitive. I shelved it now and I don't see any reason for me to ever start it up again. No DLC for me and Destiny 2, well, that won't be a launch day game for me either. The first game Bungie made that really disappointed me and by far the biggest let down of 2014.

I didn't buy the DLC. Quite upset that it took away the Weekly and Nightfall to be exclusive to DLC customers. And at $20US for not even close to 33% of the original content that lacked in the 1st place. I agree with you on the combat and that Bungie has really for the 1st time disappointed me. 

I didn't buy the DLC. Quite upset that it took away the Weekly and Nightfall to be exclusive to DLC customers. And at $20US for not even close to 33% of the original content that lacked in the 1st place. I agree with you on the combat and that Bungie has really for the 1st time disappointed me. 

Normally I would like this reply but it's just sad overall. So quoted for truth instead.

Man I sure do feel sorry for you guys being suckered into another shallow and empty game yet again. Full of miss leading hype and false promises from the developers leading to high expectations.

*loads up aliens colonial marines*

Edited by Sprony

Man I sure do feel sorry for you guys being suckered into another shallow and empty game yet again. Full of miss leading hype and false promises from the developers leading to high expectations.

*loads up aliens colonial marines*

Yeah, I'm not normally a day 1 kinda guys (unless it's GTA) but it looked so promising and they had such an impressive track record. Oh well, shit happens.

This just shows how broken this game is:

Source

Read it before watching this to understand the context:

TLDR: Guy levels in his sleep by taping his controller to auto punch in game.

This just shows how broken this game is:

Source

Read it before watching this to understand the context:

TLDR: Guy levels in his sleep by taping his controller to auto punch in game.

It doesn't really explain how he compensates for dying though. If I remember correctly, when you die in the little sandbox up worlds, you spawn a good way out of the combat area. Also, the guy in that article even admitted that his automated method was not the most efficient. 

This does go to show how simplistic a lot of the combat is in destiny, though. 

http://www.destructoid.com/bungie-gets-salty-defending-destiny-s-expansion-price-294653.phtml

The Collector's Edition will feature three emotes unavailable to players who do not pick up the £80 bundle. Though EG did an admirable job pressing for a reason as to why Bungie steadfastly refuses to offer the content to those who had already invested their money -- and time -- in Destiny's world, Smith said it was about "the players assessment of the value for the content" and insisted that if he "fired up a video right now and showed you the emotes" we would "throw money at the screen".

kek