• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Considering they made Halo I don't have much confidence in this having decent gameplay.

this game is not my destiny 

Dude it's my tragic carpentry accident, i just have 2 fingers left on each hand. Makes it hard to rocket jump with a gamepad. Otherwise damn yeah i would have enjoyed it. Still looking super nice thou

Activision has sold $500 million worth of Destiny copies to retailers, the publisher announced Tuesday. The news means that Activision has already made back the $500 million budget allocated to the game's development and marketing. The figure makes Destiny the biggest new video game franchise launch in history, according to the company.

"Based on extraordinary audience demand, retail and first party orders worldwide have exceeded $500 million for Destiny," Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick said in a statement.
"This industry milestone marks another blockbuster success for our company and demonstrates our unique ability to create some of the most successful entertainment franchises in the world.
"The success of Destiny, along with the recent introduction of Blizzard Entertainment's Hearthstone, is further validation of our unique capabilities to create great entertainment franchises from the ground up."

Activision Publishing CEO Eric Hirshberg added: "Since the beginning, we've been confident that our investment and belief in Destiny would pay off. But not many people believed we'd be able to say it did so on day one. "Destiny is officially the biggest new franchise launch in our industry's history. It's also the highest-selling day one digital console release in history. We have more confidence than ever that Destiny will become one of the iconic franchises of this generation and Activision's next billion dollar brand."

Source

Activision has sold $500 million worth of Destiny copies to retailers, the publisher announced Tuesday. The news means that Activision has already made back the $500 million budget allocated to the game's development and marketing. The figure makes Destiny the biggest new video game franchise launch in history, according to the company.

"Based on extraordinary audience demand, retail and first party orders worldwide have exceeded $500 million for Destiny," Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick said in a statement.

"This industry milestone marks another blockbuster success for our company and demonstrates our unique ability to create some of the most successful entertainment franchises in the world.

"The success of Destiny, along with the recent introduction of Blizzard Entertainment's Hearthstone, is further validation of our unique capabilities to create great entertainment franchises from the ground up."

Activision Publishing CEO Eric Hirshberg added: "Since the beginning, we've been confident that our investment and belief in Destiny would pay off. But not many people believed we'd be able to say it did so on day one. "Destiny is officially the biggest new franchise launch in our industry's history. It's also the highest-selling day one digital console release in history. We have more confidence than ever that Destiny will become one of the iconic franchises of this generation and Activision's next billion dollar brand."

Source

Shipped does not mean sold through. Still I have little doubt that the game is going to make its money back.

I don't get the big hoo hoo ha about this game. It's just Borderlands with less personality and a very bored sounding tyrion lanister?

I feel the same tbh, and loads of guys at work that have played it have been saying the same thing.. Apparently the world just feels really dead and the gameplay really bland.

I don't get the big hoo hoo ha about this game. It's just Borderlands with less personality and a very bored sounding tyrion lanister?

Perfectly summarized but it's far less repetitive then Borderlands, has better gun play, polish and production values and better overall atmosphere. Having said that, it certainly isn't the next big thing in gaming but it's still a lot of fun.