It's true, it's sort of like Borderlands but the difference is that THIS IS FUN TO PLAY AND HAS GUNPLAY THAT'S WORTH A DAMN. Also, Halo games are solid when it comes combat, so it being "mixed with Halo" isn't bad imho.

Also, fuck originality. If it's fun it's fun it's fun. :D

Yup, I just hope that there's going to be enough diverse weapons and equipment in the full game. Then again that's my only real concern with it after playing the Beta; whether it'll have enough interesting content to make it last longer than a week. I really hope there will be some more unique missions thrown in for some variation to the gather x number of items/hack terminal/kill thing missions that made out the Beta.

Oh and I played the moon level in the weekend, was cool shit. I think they've had a tough time on the PR side in making this game feel really exciting when it comes to the gameplay, but after the Beta it's one of the games I'm looking most forward to in the second half of the year.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Considering they made Halo I don't have much confidence in this having decent gameplay.

this game is not my destiny 

Dude it's my tragic carpentry accident, i just have 2 fingers left on each hand. Makes it hard to rocket jump with a gamepad. Otherwise damn yeah i would have enjoyed it. Still looking super nice thou

...and after writing that, I read this:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-07-28-bungie-reassures-fans-disappointed-that-destiny-only-has-one-playable-area-per-planet

"Yeah, we're calling them destinations," community manager David "DeeJ" Dague explained. "You go to Mars, you go to the Moon, you've got Venus, and you've got Earth."

We've seen concept art for those locations before - but what about outside the solar system?

"Not so far," he said. "We've revealed everything that you'll explore in the first version of the game."

Reaction to the news was mixed - while Old Russia is a large area, some fans expressed disappointment at it being potentially just a quarter of the game's open space.

Hmmm, that doesn't seem like a whole lot of content at launch TBH :/

I think, possibly, that the later locations might be bigger. Also, I suspect that maybe you get to see new missions on Earth for example. There's this sealed door at the end of a long and Hive-infested path which you reach from the outdoor area of Skywatch (too long to be a dead end?). I think it's sealed because some quest takes you there sooner or later. Or maybe it's just a dead end, who knows. :P

In any case, I feel like even if the game lasts a week; it'll be a good week. :D

...and after writing that, I read this:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-07-28-bungie-reassures-fans-disappointed-that-destiny-only-has-one-playable-area-per-planet

"Yeah, we're calling them destinations," community manager David "DeeJ" Dague explained. "You go to Mars, you go to the Moon, you've got Venus, and you've got Earth."

We've seen concept art for those locations before - but what about outside the solar system?

"Not so far," he said. "We've revealed everything that you'll explore in the first version of the game."

Reaction to the news was mixed - while Old Russia is a large area, some fans expressed disappointment at it being potentially just a quarter of the game's open space.

Hmmm, that doesn't seem like a whole lot of content at launch TBH :/

Yeah, true. But well see, it is an "MMO". They said they want to keep working on the game for up to 10 years.

So they just need to make sure that on launch the game has enough content to get people playing and keep making areas.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got this pre-ordered anyway, so they have my money :) ...but I wonder how/if they'll find a solution to something that bugged me in the Beta (played 8 hours, levelled up to Level Cap 8) and that is now they expect you to buy and upgrade your guns, it felt kind of boring being stuck with the same weapon all the time. Sure, you can grow your arsenal, but particularly when grinding against the Devil Walker (and on Hard, without having unlocked the heavy weapon, to be fair) and my co-op buddies died and dropped out, I would've loved to just find an RPG in the level, as a pick up, as you would have in Halo.

Had the same thing with Rage which I re-played recently on ps3; if I didn't stock up and buy ammo before a mission (or tried to do two missions back to back) I would easily run out of ammo and not find many weapon pickups in the levels themselves.

It's a weird design issue, since it takes the weapon balance out of the 'level deisgner' (world designer?)'s hands.

I like the trailer because it's supposed to be a representation of what playing the game might feel like, instead of an epic cinematic with lots of lore and punch lines. It's cheesy because games are cheesy  and that's not necessarily a bad thing. Look at games like Duke 3D and Quake 3, cheesefests but fun as hell :)

It was a pretty bold move to make a "game-like" trailer in a world where every AAA game wants to hide the fact that they are just games, disguising themselves as "interactive epic experiences that are bigger than Hollywood" to attract non-gamers. Those kind of games do a bit of a disservice to our medium imo, instead of trying to be a shadow of Hollywood we need to embrace the fact that we are the games industry, which as the name implies, makes games. Destiny at least seems to have gotten that, that's why I'm genuinely interested in the game.

/rant

Monday can't come soon enough!