arhurt

Ballistic, FPS running on facebook

It is curious that it's Facebook-only. Is it because Facebook provides some kind of easy profile creation, tracking, etc? Seems like it could limit the audience as Facebook games seem less in favour nowadays compared to even two years ago.

Hey guys, sorry for the absence. The alst couple days have been hunting down bugs and tweaking balance for a hotfix that should go out today :)

Minos, I'll release some screenshots when the official website is up and running. We should get a new trailer as well.

Peris, the game should come out on Kongrgate in a few days. I'll let you know.

Thrik, we are not exclusively on Facebook, but the platform offers several advantages at this point with the ease and low cost of acquiring players for testing. We are coming out on Kongrgate and on our own platform at Rumble Games very soon, and we can release on basically any platform (steam, standalone...) and have unified servers and profiles.

I'll let you guys know when the next update and the Kongregate app gets released. Thanks!

Here is a nice user made video review that highlights some of the best aspects of the game:

Oh, and you can now play it on Kongregate! No need to use your facebook account!

http://www.kongregate.com/games/RumbleGames/ballistic

Note that we don't have universal accounts yet, so you will have a new alias and separate account on Kong, even if you log in using your FB account.

It ain't Call of Duty but it's not bad at all for an F2P Webplayer FPS. I played only one round during my lunch break, but will play more later. Trying to knife someone when you can walk through them feels really awkward though  :P

Yeah... I've been asking the guys to look into the collision problems for ages but they keep avoiding me. I even tried to bribe the programmers with food to no avail...

As for the gun recoil, we are working on the gunplay/feel and should have an update by the end of the week that greatly improves it.