Picked up my pass. Ill be arriving at like 2 am monday morning. Day 1 will be a long one. Has any mapcore meetup been thought about, or is anyone familiar with some of the areas local restraunts, bars, etc.?

we tried to organize something last year but it was mostly *eh* and everyone kinda just winged it. I only met up with Bram and Philip last year after i was already drunk.

The only thing I'd love to ask is to not combine it with polycount. Polycount is too big and chaotic - the people are all over the place with specialties/focuses/personalities etc.

That Irish bar is pretty cool everyone ends up at, the W is too chaotic and filled with old schools... and its expensive as dick balls. I guess it all comes down to the mood everyone wants, there are tons of options everywhere. I'll be pretty busy at nights meeting people so definitely the sooner we can lock something down the better :D

fuck it. strip club.

all kidding a side, my buddy Chuck is a san fran native, he highly recommends this place which is in the area - http://www.theirishbank.com/

Irish bars are always the best.

Edited by Kedhrin

Not going (once again) this year. kinda bummed about it, never been to GDC before...

Congrats Rob :) With 5 nominations, I'm really hoping you pick at least one home :)