Oculus Rift

syver

I hope they can overcome the low resolution issue.

I read on the Valve wiki that you need the most framerates (60+) for the best experience, since lower framerates would severely increase input lag and induce motion sickness.

The resolution problem also adds all kinds of development issues. I can`t even begin to imagine all the work that would be required to redo the Ballistic interfaces so that it would be readeable under the Oculus.

I think that when the guy looks down to rocket-jump on this video you can see that the in-game effect was not as pronounced because of the quick untracked movement. They must have some sort of smoothing algorithimworking on that

Edited by arhurt

The dev kit is 720p (1280x800) but the commercial headset will be 1080p and should solve the resolution issues. Head tracking will solve a lot of the motion sickness issues (leaning forward and back currently do nothing). I have only played with my dev kit for a little bit, but the effect is really hard to explain to someone who hasn't strapped the thing on their head. The biggest issue to me is the motion sickness, it apparently takes quite a bit of time to get used to it. Your brain is extremely confused about the input its receiving.