Beck

Favourite video game music!

Don't know about favorite, there are a few good ones.

Lately something that stood out to me is Vessel's soundtrack by Jon Hopkins - it's some of his stuff from various albums.

I love his stuff and it actually took me some time to figure out they were all his tunes in there as they are dynamically built up while playing (which in itself feels great in the game).

- one of my favorites used in the game.

Here's the whole game playlist:

And for those who don't know who this is you'd probably recognize this (the intro of this which is pretty famous and used... elsewhere), fkn awesome tune that you should hear:

edit: damn, saw someone beat me to it :) But still worth spreading some more.

Edited by PhilipK

And for those who don't know who this is you'd probably recognize this (the intro of this which is pretty famous and used... elsewhere), fkn awesome tune that you should hear:

Huh, this is on a Coldplay track on Viva La Vida, I didn't realise they sampled it from this. Interesting. (PS Coldplay suck!)

Edited by PogoP

That is the only song from him that I hate because of that high pitch hum that just feels like it pierces from my ears into my brain.

Yeah, I probably would have never heard of Jon Hopkins if it weren't for Vessel. The soundtrack of that game struck me instantly and I wanted to hear more, the music is incredible. He's been one of my favorite artists ever since.

Huh, this is on a Coldplay track on Viva La Vida, I didn't realise they sampled it from this. Interesting. (PS Coldplay suck!)

I knew the tune but I couldn't tell until I went on Hopkin's wiki... it was long time I wasn't listening to that album.