Sign in to follow this  
D3ads

Politics forum?

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a Politics forum?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Don't care

I just realised that there's an archive section at the bottom of the forums, and I can see all the old threads from the politics forum before it was closed down in 06, I never noticed that in the old forums so I assume it's all new?

Anyway, I was wondering since it's been so long and users have come and gone that we could make a new Politics forum? I didn't pay much attention to politics back when the old section was up because I was young, but I gathered that it was closed because of a lot of disagreements between users? (I can't remember specifics but looks like it was more between Postman and RD by the looks of it).

So if we made a new subforum for politics is there anyone who would be interested? I know Minos and Kedhrin would probably be fairly interested Could we keep it civil and voice our objections to posts/articles clearly without making it personal and respect people's rights to an opinion?

Of course if we're all worried it'll turn sour again then perhaps it's not such a good idea, but I'm just throwing it up here to see who else would participate.

Cheers.

Edited by D3ads

Man, that old forum section was a right shit storm, I don't think we need it back just yet.

From what I can gather a lot of the commotion was caused by RD's biast opinion of muslims and Posty's militant deleting of posts he didn't agree with, neither user is here anymore...

Anyway, we all know you just want to make threads about Syria and stuff.

"we all know" lol You mean you know, or assume. It's a topic of discussion, but it's not something to jump right into. The US elections are coming up in November, that's gotta be a hot topic for many here and far more relevant.

like dux said, it's going to be a shitstorm deluxe, and nothing interesting is ever going to come from it.

on the other hand, i would like a forum where you could have some more serious discussions, since most everything posted here degenerates into EOT material within seconds. but i guess a serious forum would just be like pouring gasoline on that fire...

like dux said, it's going to be a shitstorm deluxe, and nothing interesting is ever going to come from it.

on the other hand, i would like a forum where you could have some more serious discussions, since most everything posted here degenerates into EOT material within seconds. but i guess a serious forum would just be like pouring gasoline on that fire...

if anything, we should be able to flag our own posts with "slightly OT" or "for fun" so that when someone just wants to read the relevant part of a discussion they can hide all those posts with a checkbox.

then again, mapcore is what it is because we dont take it too seriously - this isn't linkedin or "superprofessional behaviour community" - it's like a family reunion of drunken game developers, every day on the internet.