Sign in to follow this  
Thrik

Post ideas/feedback about new forums here

Also, might I suggest we merge the 2D/3D forums into just the "WIP forum"? So that all content, 3D/2D or otherwise fits in the same place.

I think this is a good idea and might help the lagging 2D forum to be more active like its three-dimensional counterpart, nothing discourages posting more than a forum most people don't check. ;)

Just did some digging into the templates and realised there is actually already a 'go to first unread post' button in place. :oops: Click the little blue circle/star at the beginning of the post's row and it'll do the trick. :)

Just did some digging into the templates and realised there is actually already a 'go to first unread post' button in place. :oops: Click the little blue circle/star at the beginning of the post's row and it'll do the trick. :)

Ah, nice.

That sure is a terrible icon though :P It translates more to "bookmark/favourite this thread" in my head. The arrow that was used before was better :)

Yeah the software does kind of use different logic regarding where it puts links. In this case I believe the idea is that the icon shows whether or not there's a new post (blue if yes, grey if no) and also whether or not you've posted in it (star vs circle); so clicking on a blue one will take you to the first new post, as that's what the icon signifies.

Of course after years of phpBB's approach I agree that didn't occur to me at all, so I was looking all around the date area for such a link. :D

Aye, just to reaffirm all suggestions will be taken down, considered, and changes implemented where feasible. There are lots of things being brought up not just in this thread but via PMs, comments, etc; plus things I'm noticing myself as I use them in a 'real world' way. I'm also organising writers and such for the content, which takes further time. Hang tight and things will improve. :-D

BTW if anyone has tutorials they've written in the past they'd like to submit for turning into articles, whether in MapCore's forums or elsewhere, send me a PM. :)

As much as I like the "Like this" button I'd also appreciate if the posts were more compact. I know it has been noted down, I just wanted to emphasize this! :-D Maybe there is a way to keep it and still shrink the posts e,g, by moving it?

A big thanks goes out from me as well to Lord Thrik for doing his magic. It will take some time for an old man like me to arrive in this faceboard 2.0 world, but I'm very excited!

There's something wrong with the DNS settings, www.mapcore.org goes to the forum, mapcore.org (without www) goes to a blank page saying "Welcome to nginx!".

Edited by barrakid

Hi guys,

Massive lurker here... any chance we could get Tapatalk functionality for mobiles?

Cheers.

I'll look into it. If I can get it to work without the ultra-annoying 'Tapatalk is available for this site!' pop-up that always appears, I'll implement it.

BTW, welcome back. ;)

Edited by Thrik