LawBreakers

Buddy

I remember black and white being on of the first critically acclaimed games that made me wonder whether people reviewing games even had a fucking clue. That game would be a perfect early access game today. Some weird half finished thing with reddit-thread inspiring mechanics, like throwing shit at villagers and animal cruelty.

I remember black and white being on of the first critically acclaimed games that made me wonder whether people reviewing games even had a fucking clue. That game would be a perfect early access game today. Some weird half finished thing with reddit-thread inspiring mechanics, like throwing shit at villagers and animal cruelty.

Yeah the actual game mechanics werent that great, but it kind of is the perfect example of a moleyneuxiuys game because you get to chose to be good or evil. and not by some shitty character screen where you select the "good" paladin or the "evil" orc. You get to actually be cruel and thats how you "turn" evil..

... but but but ....who designed syndicate than !? mobygames doesnt list any designers D: 

PS: <3 both cliffy and peter

edit: so wikipedia lists a guy named "Sean Cooper" as the designer but on moby-games he is only listed as "assistant producer" for syndicate which implies to me that he had less to say than pete ... i think the bottom line is the job of a game-designer was not well defined in 1993 but i am sure if molyneaux wanted syndicate to take place in a pink unicorn forest he had the authority to make that happen.

Peter is more of a PR guy. AFAIK his only big design input was on Populous.

No, that's BS. Too lazy to find them but his influence on the other games I mentioned earlier was well documented. Although I have to agree that, in the last decade or so, he's been more a PR guy.

I've always had the fairly certain perception that Molyneux was heavily involved up to at least Fable 2, which would make sense because those games all had a distinctive flawed excellence that seemed to have been lost afterwards. Didn't you work for Lionhead Taylor?

I personally loved both Black & White games and to this day pine for something that's truly like them. It just worked for me, including the animal side of things. And Theme Park, I lost so much time to that. Fable pretty much took over my life for a while, lol.

Peter left Lionhead the day after I interviewed. I think he it's fair to say he was heavily involved in some of the most substantial decisions on Fable 3 and most of The Journey.

Edit: I misspoke above. I don't mean to imply Peter is just a marketing guy, but it grinds my gears when games made by studios are attributed to a single person. I shouldn't Internet before coffee.

Edited by Taylor

• 2 weeks later...
Bleszinski's Boss Key hires former Epic, Irrational, Neversoft staff. The new development studio confirms it first hires.

Chris Mielke (Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Far Cry 4, The Division) will fill the role of senior producer. Chris Wells (the Gears of War trilogy, Fortnite) is the new senior character artist, while fellow former Epic Games man Joshua Parker is Boss Key's new senior gameplay programmer.

Shane Smith (Grand Theft Auto V, Bioshock Infinite) is the IT director, David Rose (Guitar Hero 5 and 6, and Call of Duty: Ghosts) is the so-called 'UI Ninja', Ryan Palser (Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Ghosts) is the senior animator, James Hawkins (Gears of War Trilogy, Unreal Tournament 3) is senior concept artist, and Sarah Asby (Gears of War Trilogy, Unreal Tournament 3) is the exec assistant.

"The key to building a successful company is to surround yourself with quality people, especially the ones who can do things you can't," said co-founder and CEO Cliff Bleszinski in a prepared statement.

"Arjan [brussee] and I are excited to continue working with some of the people who have inspired us and helped us create great work in the past, as well as to hire fresh blood to bring new perspectives and talents to the table. We're still reading through hundreds of resumes to find the best-of-the-best to join us, and expect to have more announcements soon."

• 1 year later...