LawBreakers

Buddy

Inoxx (Cedric Fiorentino) made Facing Worlds. Cliff made Tempest and Turbine, some of my favorite UT99 maps, so I definitely have respect for him as a level designer (granted that's a looong time ago).

Though the Gears games feel really old and stale now, then they pretty damn impressive on multiple fronts when they came out. For what it's worth then it's still the tightest cover based games, and they had a genuinely unique feel to them, with it being a very clear case of a game where gameplay was king.

Anyway, hope this turns out well, but man that trailer isn't exactly making me excited.

Inoxx (Cedric Fiorentino) made Facing Worlds. Cliff made Tempest and Turbine, some of my favorite UT99 maps, so I definitely have respect for him as a level designer (granted that's a looong time ago).

Though the Gears games feel really old and stale now, then they pretty damn impressive on multiple fronts when they came out. For what it's worth then it's still the tightest cover based games, and they had a genuinely unique feel to them, with it being a very clear case of a game where gameplay was king.

Anyway, hope this turns out well, but man that trailer isn't exactly making me excited.

Should be gameplay trailer coming this week.

The franchise has kind of been diluted and ruined, but GOW1 was a masterpiece imo. I remember playing it with @Erratic back in the day and having a blast.

This suggests "GOW with gravity manipulation" or "COD with gravity manipulation", depending if they go TPS or FPS… then like Friechamp said.

@AlexM don't think you can diss the guy like that, you like it or not GoW as been one of the most influential games of last decade basically.

He's also credited for stuff on Fat Princess, bulletstorm and Lost Planet, sort of a Romero for Epic

This suggests "GOW with gravity manipulation" or "COD with gravity manipulation", depending if they go TPS or FPS… then like Friechamp said.

@AlexM don't think you can diss the guy like that, you like it or not GoW as been one of the most influential games of last decade basically.

He's also credited for stuff on Fat Princess, bulletstorm and Lost Planet, sort of a Romero for Epic

I think you mis-interpreted my post. If you re-read it I was saying I disliked a map he didn't actually author. I wasn't trying to imply I also thought GoW was also one of the worst games in addition to facing worlds. I genuinely wasn't sure what other games he worked on.

GoW isn't a game I loved but I don't hate it either. I can respect it for what it did at the time even if it hasn't aged. Fat Princess though, THAT was a fun game.

EDIT : Romero for Epic? Now THAT'S blasphemy :D

Edited by AlexM