Buddy

LawBreakers

the game is simply too generic and uninteresting.

I don't get it. it's like they ticked every point on a "generic shooter" check list.

it's a shame because I really tried to like it.

So its out, is anyone playing? I played for a few hours and Im having a blast. Feels like a version of unreal but with more quake like movement, mixed with overwatch, really digging it so far.

edit; with quake "like" movement I mean that it doesnt rely as much on double tap strafe dodges like in the later UT games. Its probably more in line with titanfall than actual quake tbh.

Edited by Evert

Not really had much urge to play it for the same reason as I have little interest in quake live or UT, just not a fan of arena shooters, prefer maps designed around specific objectives to play towards, rather than maps that need to fit multiple game-modes at once instead.

Stuff I saw for Lawbreakers didn't scratch any of my itches.

I really want this game to succeed. CliffyB is a cool dude IMO and a legend, and that trailer owned. But I'm a little skeptical after the articles that came out where they were quoted saying that five people have ever played this. I think the game has a MAJOR identity crisis, it's unmarketable because they didn't think enough about the characters, the experience, the story behind it. It's GENERIC SHOOTER and the screaming in that trailer (while really funny) sort of belies the problem doesn't it?

Literally might buy it just to support them. They might have made a sordid dud of a game but give them another chance and I think they'll do much, much better. Or maybe they can right the ship, that would be even more impressive.