Sign in to follow this  
fiend

[CS:GO]Death Valley

Not sure if you've looked into this, Blendmodulatetexture, I think you could get a lot better blending between the rock and sand.

Also the sand is too bland, get some variation in there :) (extra blend material + overlay textures)

Also I think your shadows are too contrasty, bring the ambient up, and also increase the sun strength. Uncharted 3 desert is amazing

I am using the hard blend texture on the rocks an road but for some reason it doesn't look as good with the rock texture. As for decals an overlays i'm not much of a texture artist..

Still messing with lighting currently brightness of 300 an ambient of 100.

If I could get my map to look like uncharted 3 that would be awesome. haha

I'm sure you can add a lot of extra details to make it better :) Think about borderland if you know it. Lot of trash in some location, industrial towers in the bacground, ...

Right now I am just trying to get a beta out, then add more detail an props to the map as I go.

MuTVdyp.jpg

This map does justice to my legacy. Btw, u have my permission to use the original story of Rambohulk. I think it will add that extra touch for the average player who is interested in background stories:

In this map, CTs and Ts investigate a bizarre phenomona at the African Coast. After both teams got a phone call from the mothman (a mysterious creature that predicts plane crashes and other happenings where lotsa ppl die) , both teams take the plane to Africa where they will investigate a mysterious stone that appeared out of nowhere after the terrorist attacks of 911. They soon find out the hidden powers of this bizarre object, and in a race to get to the crash site first they wipe out a nearby village called Jericho. They bury the civilians in massgraves around the globe trying to hide the attrocity but the stench makes many ppl suspicious. When they return to Africa they discover the true nature of the stone when one of the terrorists tries to touch it. He slowly turns into an immortal beast that hunts humanoids for joy, he becomes RAMBOHULK. The ct team tries to reach the airfield where they fly back to europe,. but the rambohulk slaughters them down before they make it. Then it continues on a rampage along the African coast and into the congo where it slaughters millions and Liberia is next. It blackmails the liberian president to leave to a nearby country and transforms into a group of rebels that attack the capital. On wallstreet the markets collapse as a result of these wild events and even Saddam himself tries to calm the beast cuz of inflating oilprices. He fails and the beast eats him, it is now ur job to locate Saddams corpse to calm the riots in Baghdad. Find this beast to restore world peace!!!!!!!!!!!
Edited by RD

MuTVdyp.jpg

This map does justice to my legacy. Btw, u have my permission to use the original story of Rambohulk. I think it will add that extra touch for the average player who is interested in background stories:

In this map, CTs and Ts investigate a bizarre phenomona at the African Coast. After both teams got a phone call from the mothman (a mysterious creature that predicts plane crashes and other happenings where lotsa ppl die) , both teams take the plane to Africa where they will investigate a mysterious stone that appeared out of nowhere after the terrorist attacks of 911. They soon find out the hidden powers of this bizarre object, and in a race to get to the crash site first they wipe out a nearby village called Jericho. They bury the civilians in massgraves around the globe trying to hide the attrocity but the stench makes many ppl suspicious. When they return to Africa they discover the true nature of the stone when one of the terrorists tries to touch it. He slowly turns into an immortal beast that hunts humanoids for joy, he becomes RAMBOHULK. The ct team tries to reach the airfield where they fly back to europe,. but the rambohulk slaughters them down before they make it. Then it continues on a rampage along the African coast and into the congo where it slaughters millions and Liberia is next. It blackmails the liberian president to leave to a nearby country and transforms into a group of rebels that attack the capital. On wallstreet the markets collapse as a result of these wild events and even Saddam himself tries to calm the beast cuz of inflating oilprices. He fails and the beast eats him, it is now ur job to locate Saddams corpse to calm the riots in Baghdad. Find this beast to restore world peace!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!

MuTVdyp.jpg

hahaha thanks guys i'll keep the pearl under my pillow. Been thinking about working on v2. If I can figure this ambient_generic problem out..

Edited by fiend

MuTVdyp.jpg

:dino:

MuTVdyp.jpg

OOMGGGGFFF!!!!!!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MuTVdyp.jpg

seems legit