Beck

The Half-Life 3 thread of closure and memorium

Oh, I thought so... So emotional

:(

I can't believe that happened 6 years ago (lol im talking like it actually happened in real life)... Gonna be emotional finding out what happens! I hope they do a 'previously on Half-life' esque sequence beforehand to really get me in the feels.

Edited by PogoP

I have no doubt that Half-Life 3 will come, but actively waiting for it is retarded because this is Valve and it could take so long it's not even funny. I think they'll deal with Episode 3 by having it be some kind of prologue to the game, and then Half-Life 3 proper will be just as different to HL2 as HL2 was to HL1.

We'll play it when we retire :D

Btw i consider the episodes much better than the original and I just hope they can deliver the same rythm if they do a full blown game. I wouldn't mind continuing paying for episodes frankly.

I also hope they don't do something that is way off HL2 like they did at the time, what's the point, make another game then. The setting is nice, they have set up an interesting cliffhanger and there are numerous ways to continue the story.

Yeah man, it's hilarious that of all things Valve left us on that fucker of a cliffhanger. Half-Life 3 will probably begin many years later with it turning out Alyx has killed herself from grief, Gordon has become an alcoholic, the G-Man just sits smoking Gs all day, and Mossman is sat on a magical boat still waiting for some help. Oh and Breen is a grub (account is Marc Laidlaw's, HL1/HL2 writer).

I was under the impression that with Portal 2 Valve was trying to tie both universes (Portal and HL) together, at least there was some expectation that that would happen at some point. Maybe that's one of the reasons why the project was basically restarted.

Edited by barrakid

The tie-in occurred initially in HL2 Episode 2 (released at the same time as Portal), when Aperture Science is mentioned (the Borealis ship)... so they had already been thinking about it during Ep2 production, so I can't imagine portal 2 would have derailed HL3.