The Half-Life 3 thread of closure and memorium

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I compiled that code and now I have HL3.   It's not very good.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, dux said:

Only good hd model was the shotgun, rest were nah. Just didn't like the look., I thought they took away from the character of the game, not enhance.

Yeah, it made the age of the game more evident. It needed to also provide better textures.

Controversial opinion: Adding HD to old games to "improve" their appearance in-fact makes them look worse.

Support for 4k, FOV options, better input and key mapping. Done.

The only remaster I have seen done right is the command and conquer remaster.

:v 

On 1/24/2021 at 7:00 AM, dux said:

Controversial opinion: Adding HD to old games to "improve" their appearance in-fact makes them look worse.

Support for 4k, FOV options, better input and key mapping. Done.

The only remaster I have seen done right is the command and conquer remaster.

:v 

image.png.df3c89f5b9196f06ec6bd81d2018e4aa.png

Yeah, I watched both versions. He's on point for most of the time and would recommend the analysis to any hl fan. But it's a bit of a loaded gun, as in it kind of makes you angry with valve for leaving the series fall by the wayside for so long.

On 1/31/2021 at 11:38 PM, Radu said:

Great video. I'm now back to craving another numbered entry into the Half-Life universe. I get so fucking nostalgic over HL1 and the goldsrc days. They were some of my best years of gaming and they'll always hold a special place in my heart.

I do wonder if Valve would really wait until VR is widely adopted before releasing a numbered sequel. Would they really want HL3 to be a VR exclusive title? Alyx was great, I loved it, but I still think I'd prefer a traditional Half-Life. But then, Valve has always pushed the envelope with Half-Life, just plug it into my brain already!

Anyway, I could listen to that guy talk about Half-Life all day.

56 minutes ago, Beck said:

Great video. I'm now back to craving another numbered entry into the Half-Life universe. I get so fucking nostalgic over HL1 and the goldsrc days. They were some of my best years of gaming and they'll always hold a special place in my heart.

I do wonder if Valve would really wait until VR is widely adopted before releasing a numbered sequel. Would they really want HL3 to be a VR exclusive title? Alyx was great, I loved it, but I still think I'd prefer a traditional Half-Life. But then, Valve has always pushed the envelope with Half-Life, just plug it into my brain already!

Anyway, I could listen to that guy talk about Half-Life all day.

Have you seen this one?