Beck

The Half-Life 3 thread of closure and memorium

So through a tweet from Laidlaw and Valve Time I just discovered Guthrie left Valve.

Then stumbled on their comprehensive list of notable departures and found out that Wolpaw (Portal writer) and Chet (L4D, VR) have left?!?! 😳

http://www.valvetime.net/threads/whos-left-or-joined-valve-in-recent-history.257815/

Funny we (in Italy) didn't hear of Uplink till waaay after game had been released. I think we got the game, then it reached like after we got the expansions(?). Never played it yet, I have downloaded some time recently but haven't tried to install it.

@Radu I don't know man, I don't follow the news, not even games anymore. I mean for games I'm now getting my info here and YT, I don't spend time reading like I used to, and do the rounds between the main sites. No time (I haven't opened my own pc in almost three weeks basically) and I got fed up of how most of the game press seemed to have gotten self entitled ages ago, I don't ever buy games because of reviews, I judge by the gameplay videos.

Maybe te guy from Valve News Network mentioned the departures but they have been irregular in posting videos, Valve time has no videos since 8 months! (I checked yday, since YT like FB decides what you should watch.)

Edited by blackdog

Not to get off-topic, but wouldn't these departures be indicative of the company's shift towards being the premier publisher/marketplace in the PC sector more than anything? Valve does not exactly make their own games at this point. . .