Beck

The Half-Life 3 thread of closure and memorium

I started reading the Half-Life wiki yesterday out of boredom. Holy fuck, I thought I was in-tune with what happened in HL1 and HL2 but the level of detail in that fucker is mindblowing, and has given me an even greater appreciation of how pitch perfect HL1 was in terms of pacing, writing, etc. Now I feel all nostalgic and really want BM:S so I can play it, then HL2, then HL3. :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

Is it bad that for me, remembering rolling around Black Mesa is like many people remembering their childhood days playing on parks and shit? :cool:

Is it bad that for me, remembering rolling around Black Mesa is like many people remembering their childhood days playing on parks and shit? :cool:

For Alyx Vance, this is also true :whaaa:

Mother of god. HL3 is Linux-exclusive.

http://p4r.buzzleberry.com/?p=357

Kind of saw it coming, though. :oops: Valve seems very keen to kill Windows as the home of PC gaming, which in a way is good so long as it doesn't mean another platform just becomes the home instead... IMO all three major PC platforms (including Mac) should be on more or less equal footing.

Mother of god. HL3 is Linux-exclusive.

http://p4r.buzzleberry.com/?p=357

Kind of saw it coming, though. :oops: Valve seems very keen to kill Windows as the home of PC gaming, which in a way is good so long as it doesn't mean another platform just becomes the home instead... IMO all three major PC platforms (including Mac) should be on more or less equal footing.

It's a good joke !

(better than "lol" ? ^^ )

Edited by moroes

It's a hoax.

It might end up being not too far from the truth, though. Valve's been giving Linux a lot of attention, and it doesn't seem too unlikely their next game may coincide with a general push to disrupt Microsoft's dominance over the PC gaming space.

It's almost like Gabe has been planting the seeds with his comments about Windows 8 and the efforts to get Steam fully working on Linux. What better game to give a major shove and encourage giving Linux a try than HL3? Imagine if they included Linux-only DLC. :cool:

It's a hoax.

It might end up being not too far from the truth, though. Valve's been giving Linux a lot of attention, and it doesn't seem too unlikely their next game may coincide with a general push to disrupt Microsoft's dominance over the PC gaming space.

It's almost like Gabe has been planting the seeds with his comments about Windows 8 and the efforts to get Steam fully working on Linux. What better game to give a major shove and encourage giving Linux a try than HL3? Imagine if they included Linux-only DLC. :cool:

Microsoft would freak out and immediately try to accommodate Valve, to make them look like assholes if they didn't adapt it to windows

Audience member: Okay, um. What about Half-Life 3?

[audience laughter]

Newell: Funny you should mention that. I would like to state right now that the next Half-Life game will officially be exclusive on Linux platforms.

[audience cheers]

Newell: Many might say, Gabe, there isn’t a strong enough gamer base on Linux, you will lose money! I do not care about the money. I care about the players. They deserve an unparalleled experience and I intend to give it to them. This release will spark a Linux gaming revolution and will provide a dynamic shift in the developer space that is desperately needed to save everyone from the nightmare that is Windows 8.

Audience member: What if there isn’t a revolution?

Newell: There will be. There has to be. If I didn’t have faith that Linux would take off as a gaming platform, I would not be up here. In fact, we had to restart development when I made the decision to move to Linux. Half-Life 3 for Windows would be finished right now if I did not make that choice.

Audience member: What about iOS?

Newell: Exclusive means exclusive.

Audience member: So, how about a release date?

Newell: Don’t push it.

What... I want to see something to back this up, some kind of proof he actually said this. These are some fucking big news!

' timestamp='1352244593' post='316179']

Audience member: Okay, um. What about Half-Life 3?

[audience laughter]

Newell: Funny you should mention that. I would like to state right now that the next Half-Life game will officially be exclusive on Linux platforms.

[audience cheers]

Newell: Many might say, Gabe, there isn’t a strong enough gamer base on Linux, you will lose money! I do not care about the money. I care about the players. They deserve an unparalleled experience and I intend to give it to them. This release will spark a Linux gaming revolution and will provide a dynamic shift in the developer space that is desperately needed to save everyone from the nightmare that is Windows 8.

Audience member: What if there isn’t a revolution?

Newell: There will be. There has to be. If I didn’t have faith that Linux would take off as a gaming platform, I would not be up here. In fact, we had to restart development when I made the decision to move to Linux. Half-Life 3 for Windows would be finished right now if I did not make that choice.

Audience member: What about iOS?

Newell: Exclusive means exclusive.

Audience member: So, how about a release date?

Newell: Don’t push it.

What... I want to see something to back this up, some kind of proof he actually said this. These are some fucking big news!

ahahaha,,,,

,,hahaha