The Half-Life 3 thread of closure and memorium AKA what Tyler McVicker just said on YouTube

Beck

On 9/3/2018 at 1:00 PM, Radu said:

We'll see how it plays out. I just hope they don't end up the same way a vast majority of mods do. Hey @The Horse Strangler what do you think of those two projects? 

Also, found this cool thing the other day

That's really spiffy! Cool to think that in an alternate universe we go this fully realized version

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, FMPONE said:

I think this is kind of lame. The cool thing about Half-Life is that it was set in the 90's era, maybe very early 2000s. All this tech looks brand new and stylistically generic.

I agree, to be fair tho, I kinda like the new take on it. The "reimagined" HL1 has been done before, so they tried to do something that felt a little bit fresh.

I think it's well made, but as with all such projects they're still just riding Valve's coat tails and relying on the gullibility of fanboys. I guess that's an okay way to get noticed if you're looking to get in to the industry, but it means that if the project progresses at all it will be continually shedding talent and all that will be left is some derp who bought a "lern 2 code unreol in 26 ez stepz!!" off Udemy.

Make something original please.

On 9/14/2018 at 10:26 PM, FMPONE said:

I think this is kind of lame. The cool thing about Half-Life is that it was set in the 90's era, maybe very early 2000s. All this tech looks brand new and stylistically generic.

+1

It looks nice but everytime HL is re-imagined it loses its "feel". Black Mesa was cool too and I enjoyed it a lot but it still felt quite off to me.

• 2 weeks later...